Another bringing wine onboard for the DR question

filosofe

All,

I am sailing the Jewel the day after tomorrow and I have 4 bottles of wine I would like to bring onboard to drink in the DR. How should I bring them on the ship?? Should I just stick the bottles in my carry on or pack them in their own suitcase???

Thanks.

I make lovely little "wine parkas" out of newspaper and bubble wrap, insert a bottle of wine, and carry three in my large-ish rolling backpack. This past cruise, I took a deep breath and packed one (ok, three) bottles like this in my checked bag, too, but it was only checked with the ship's porters, NOT with the airline. Those bottles also made it to my cabin with no problem. It did make me nervous, though, I must admit.

Be prepared to pay a $12 "corkage fee" in the dining room, and oddly enough, they will add the 15% gratuity onto this service charge.

Carol

Bon appetit!

Just received a bottle of Dom Perignon and a bottle of Tattinger Comtes du Champagne from a happy client (we got her the million dollar beach condo and the sexy 2 seater Mercedes SL 600 sports car from her cheating husband, and split the rest), and I had planned on bringing these on my cruises next winter--yes, I actually have the willpower to hold ontot hem until such a special occasion--and a $12 corkage fee, even w/ 15% of the $12 added on, doesn't bother me.

From this a couple other threads, all the alcohol on board controversy doesn't appear to cause any problems to my plan--I intend to have these lovely bottles in my carry-on both both the flight and the embarkation.

Archived