Divina thoughts

wyobean

Sailed 4-11 for 7 days - Bermuda & Nassau

Embarkation was a breeze probably because we didn't arrive until after 3:30pm...lol

Food...there was a lot of it! I was disappointed, however. Everything seemed to taste the same. There was very little seasoning. I really expected the pasta to "pop"(being an Italian ship and all). It really didn't. We only ate in the dining room a couple times as we didn't have the proper clothes(we arrived on the end of another trip). I will say the roast beef on the buffet was tender and flavorful and DH liked the bratwurst .There was always coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade and a couple koolaide aide/juice drinks available.

Cabin....we had an inside cabin. It was totally fine for us. It would have been nice to have an easy chair, but there was only a stool. (There was room for one). Our steward never introduced himself to us. He was cordial and always said hi, but didn't always accomplish the turn down service(we really didn't care, I am just mentioning it). We actually had more interaction with the steward in the group of rooms down the hall from us..

Entertainment...is sooo subjective. We didn't love it, but felt it was ok.

The ship is beautiful and huge! We found it odd that there was only a very small library and no game/card room. As a result there were many people taking up the tables by the pool playing cards/games. Not really a problem for us, but an observation. There also was not a deck you could jog or fast walk all the way around the ship. The one the crew points out has glass panels that you must weave in and out of. The one on 7 was blocked at the front and the back.

We found the crew/staff to be very friendly and helpful.

We like to sit by the pool in the mornings and had no problem finding chairs. By 11 or 12 it would get pretty crowded, but there seemed to usually be chairs on the upper deck.

We never really had a problem with the buffet being over crowded at the times we were there, but we heard that it could be. The few times we ate in the dining room the service was very good. We did hear that on some evenings it was taking 2 hours.

After rereading this I feel I have pointed out the negatives. Didn't really mean to as we had a good relaxing time. We would probably sail with MSC again if the price and itinerary were right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed 4-11 for 7 days - Bermuda & Nassau

Embarkation was a breeze probably because we didn't arrive until after 3:30pm...lol

Food...there was a lot of it! I was disappointed, however. Everything seemed to taste the same. There was very little seasoning. I really expected the pasta to "pop"(being an Italian ship and all). It really didn't. We only ate in the dining room a couple times as we didn't have the proper clothes(we arrived on the end of another trip). I will say the roast beef on the buffet was tender and flavorful and DH liked the bratwurst .There was always coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade and a couple koolaide aide/juice drinks available.

Cabin....we had an inside cabin. It was totally fine for us. It would have been nice to have an easy chair, but there was only a stool. (There was room for one). Our steward never introduced himself to us. He was cordial and always said hi, but didn't always accomplish the turn down service(we really didn't care, I am just mentioning it). We actually had more interaction with the steward in the group of rooms down the hall from us..

Entertainment...is sooo subjective. We didn't love it, but felt it was ok.

The ship is beautiful and huge! We found it odd that there was only a very small library and no game/card room. As a result there were many people taking up the tables by the pool playing cards/games. Not really a problem for us, but an observation. There also was not a deck you could jog or fast walk all the way around the ship. The one the crew points out has glass panels that you must weave in and out of. The one on 7 was blocked at the front and the back.

We found the crew/staff to be very friendly and helpful.

We like to sit by the pool in the mornings and had no problem finding chairs. By 11 or 12 it would get pretty crowded, but there seemed to usually be chairs on the upper deck.

We never really had a problem with the buffet being over crowded at the times we were there, but we heard that it could be. The few times we ate in the dining room the service was very good. We did hear that on some evenings it was taking 2 hours.

After rereading this I feel I have pointed out the negatives. Didn't really mean to as we had a good relaxing time. We would probably sail with MSC again if the price and itinerary were right.

There was was no deck to fast walk this is bad news for us.

What about the gym do you like it? I do a lot of workout everyday

even on vacation...ISA

even on vacation...ISA

Isa,,,you can fast walk on deck 15,,,I'm not sure of the distance but we've seen many people walking each morning.

Yes, you can walk on 15, but that is where the glass(?) partitions are. You have to weave in and out of them. You also may meet people at that point and have to stop for them. On 7 you can walk back and forth on the same side. We made that work. The gym was nice...lots of machines, treadmills and they did a cycling workout type thing I think everyday. It is doable, we just like the walk around deck the best.

I like to walk every afternoon when I cruise, but if I had one complaint about the Divina it was not being able to do this. We attempted to walk a few afternoons, but the promenade on deck 7 really only allows you to walk back and forth. That was a bummer. We were on board Easter week and walking on deck 15 would have been impossible at this time of day. The ship was wall to wall with guests and children and deck 15 was no exception. With that said, I would definitely sail on her again and with MSC. What a welcome surprise. She was stunning, the food was amazing and the entertainment was terrific. I was with 14 people and we all had a wonderful time. I am a Royal Caribbean cruiser, but I won't hesitate to take another MSC cruise if the itinerary is right. I am sure cruising the Mediterranean would be wonderful on MSC. I don't know how they manage it, but they bring the Mediterranean to Miami on board the Divina. Have a great time

OP, thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed it even though not everything was perfect.

I also like walking for exercise on a cruise. I would walk the length of the promenade, cross through the elevator lobby (at full speed) to the other side, and back to the other end of the ship on the opposite side. Repeat as necessary. :) Felt a little silly, but oh well. There was hardly ever anyone in the lobby as I passed through.

even on vacation...ISA

The gym on the Divina is beautiful, has a great glass area overlooking the sea, and it's huge. I think you'll enjoy it.

Great!

Deck 7 is perfect because our cabin is in deck 8.

Thanks

We work out a lot during our vacations as well. I'm an avid runner and my wife is an aspiring tri-athlete. If there's no place sufficiently long where you can jog or run, I recommend a mix of 5K at a fast pace in the treadmill immediately followed by going all the way down to the lowest deck you can get to and sprint to the last deck on top via stairs and repeat 3-4 times immediately followed by 20 minutes of static bicycle on the first day and every other day after that. On even days, 1/2 hour of continuous swim and 45 minutes of core/upper body workouts. I have been able to keep my marathon training "shape" even while on board that way =)