Coliseum tickets

ican82

When I purchased mine online for the underground tour, I got an email confirmation from a etickets@coopculture.it. Its mostly in Italian, it shows the number of tickets, the price and the date, but it looks to be more of a receipt. At the bottom it says:

Attention:

Show this form at the booking desk and collect your tickets.

So I'm hoping I did this right. I still have to turn in this email to collect the tickets? I couldn't print them at home?

Anyone else just get this upon purchasing?

When I purchased mine online for the underground tour, I got an email confirmation from a etickets@coopculture.it. Its mostly in Italian, it shows the number of tickets, the price and the date, but it looks to be more of a receipt. At the bottom it says:

Attention:

Show this form at the booking desk and collect your tickets.

So I'm hoping I did this right. I still have to turn in this email to collect the tickets? I couldn't print them at home?

Anyone else just get this upon purchasing?

Hi - I booked online and received the same email but there was an attachment on the email with all the tickets. On each ticket it says to "present the ticket for admission without waiting in the ticket line" . Maybe your computer blocked the attachment?

Lynn

Hi - I booked online and received the same email but there was an attachment on the email with all the tickets. On each ticket it says to "present the ticket for admission without waiting in the ticket line" . Maybe your computer blocked the attachment?

Lynn

I found this information on another website discussing this same topic. I believe it explains things:

"Cathy, I was responding to those who were purchasing tickets and a tour combination and not just entry tickets. You obviously used the "print at home" option for your tickets which is why you didn't need to exchange them when you got there. These were your tickets. That is entirely different than booking the tour/ticket combo. If you book entry tickets in combination with a tour you can only pick up those tickets at the colosseum. After that you can visit the other two sites. When you book a tour/ticket combo you get a voucher that you must exchange. You can only book a tour by using the "collect onsite" option which is what most of the people on this thread have been asking about. It's the only way to book the underground tour. You cannot book that tour with the "print at home" option. As for the lines, your pre-purchased tickets allowed you to bypass the lines. There is usually a very long line to enter the colosseum and those waiting in it are waiting to buy tickets. Donna"

Edited by Nayola

I found this information on another website discussing this same topic. I believe it explains things:

"Cathy, I was responding to those who were purchasing tickets and a tour combination and not just entry tickets. You obviously used the "print at home" option for your tickets which is why you didn't need to exchange them when you got there. These were your tickets. That is entirely different than booking the tour/ticket combo. If you book entry tickets in combination with a tour you can only pick up those tickets at the colosseum. After that you can visit the other two sites. When you book a tour/ticket combo you get a voucher that you must exchange. You can only book a tour by using the "collect onsite" option which is what most of the people on this thread have been asking about. It's the only way to book the underground tour. You cannot book that tour with the "print at home" option. As for the lines, your pre-purchased tickets allowed you to bypass the lines. There is usually a very long line to enter the colosseum and those waiting in it are waiting to buy tickets. Donna"

OH THANK YOU for this. This makes sense now. Looks like I did this right.

That site is confusing and hard to navigate.

I agree it is confusing. Booked my tickets today after emailing questions and just getting the same response several times..."either book on line or call." I tried calling and couldn't get through and gave up and purchased on line and printed at home. Everything is in English until the payment page. I wanted to add audio guides but you can't do this on line. We may just download our own as I do not want to stand in line for hours when I already have our tickets. Thanks for all the input!

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any user-friendly websites I can buy tickets from? Obviously I will not want to go through the hassles everyone is complaining about when I book that tour.

Also, why are there separate tickets for general entry and the underground tour if taking the tour obviously grants you entry?

Are there any user-friendly websites I can buy tickets from? Obviously I will not want to go through the hassles everyone is complaining about when I book that tour.

Also, why are there separate tickets for general entry and the underground tour if taking the tour obviously grants you entry?

This is what you are looking for.

http://www.tickitaly.com/tours/colosseum-dungeon-upper-level-tour.php

You can also refer to my post #23 by scrolling up just a bit in this very thread and read the information found in that link as well.

Edited by bugeater2

• 2 months later...

We just returned from our cruise and wanted to give an update on how we obtained our tickets to the underground tour of the coliseum.

I waited too long and the tickets available directly through the Coliseum were sold out. Like others, I did a little searching, paid extra ($100/pp), and booked a tour with Through Eternity. It was a five hour, small group tour of no more than 8-10 people, that included tickets to the Forum, underground and third ring of the coliseum with a professional guide.

We had seven in our group, and even though it was a hot day, it was the best of all the guided tours we took on our two week vacation and we always use private guides. I know it was more expensive than booking directly, but the guide made all the difference especially in the forum and palatine hill. Like most professional guides, she had an extensive history background and education.

I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I am booking tickets through "tickitaly" and I have to book two different tickets. One for the entry and the other for the underground tour. I thought there would be a combination ticket to book but I cannot find it.

I have tried to book tickets through the main coliseum office for September and it will not let me so I am presuming they are sold out for my date. (Sept. 12)

Thanks for helping. If it wasn't for this wonderful thread I would have let it slip my mind.

As soon as you get to Rome go to the Roman forum and get a combination ticket for the forum and the colosseum, you can spend an hour or two in the forum then go to the colosseum without queuing, don't use an outside agency you will pay twice the price.