Some ocean views cheaper than interiors?

no1volman

I thought an ocean view was an upgrade from an interior? We just booked an ocean view on the Fascination for June and it was $10 more than an interior, and I thought that was a great deal. Now I'm looking at cruise's for next year and noticed some of the ocean view rooms are actually $50-$60 cheaper than interiors. I've never stayed in an ocean view. So am I missing something?

I thought an ocean view was an upgrade from an interior? We just booked an ocean view on the Fascination for June and it was $10 more than an interior, and I thought that was a great deal. Now I'm looking at cruise's for next year and noticed some of the ocean view rooms are actually $50-$60 cheaper than interiors. I've never stayed in an ocean view. So am I missing something?

Well, I booked a Port hole cabin at the price of an inside for upcoming Splendor cruise.

The cabin has a regular window though not port holes.

But its an upper/lower beds on deck 2

Edited by limoguy1

Some people prefer to pay more for an interior on a higher deck than for an oceanview on a lower deck. Personally, I don't get it, but some people prefer a shorter walk or shorter elevator ride to the food than to have natural light and a view.

Sounds like a "compact" cabin :eek:

I think 160 Sq feet

Does not matter since were hardly there

my Cabin was $519pp 8 nts

A regular OV cabin was $819

So I pocket the $600 and still have a window

Edited by limoguy1

Supply and demand. If the interiors are almost sold out they can demand a higher price for them as some people only like interiors. In December when I went on the pride Balcony Guarantees were $20 pp less then Oceanview Guarantees.

It all depends with how certain categories are selling and the supply they have left. Pretty simple economics.

Edited by theriac

Some people prefer to pay more for an interior on a higher deck than for an oceanview on a lower deck. Personally, I don't get it, but some people prefer a shorter walk or shorter elevator ride to the food than to have natural light and a view.

I find ocean view to be a waste personally. Id rather have a better location than a window. We like complete darkness of the interiors as well.

each time that i have booked a cabin on carnival, after my first time, ocean view has been cheaper than interior for me. and that's when i used to call for the cheapest cabin.

i never minded the interior cabin's, but the oceanview are nice, plus you get the little couch also.

I find ocean view to be a waste personally. Id rather have a better location than a window.

The two times when I've done an inside cabin, I was ready to jump off the ship due to claustrophobia. I felt like I was vacationing in a dark broom closet. Going on a cruise to enjoy the ocean and then booking a cabin (where I'll be spending AT LEAST a third of my time onboard) from where I can't see the ocean kinda defeats the purpose of going.

To me, a "better location" means riding the elevator 20 seconds less.

I don't mind an inside although we only stayed in one on our very first cruise years ago. I would take an inside on the Lido deck or somewhere closer to the action & food than an oceanview down on decks 1 or 2. I know the motion is said to be less down low, but still. Maybe....maybe to try a Cove balcony I would go to Deck 2. Deck 1 is out of the question.