Fridges in cabins on the Vista?

INCHARGE

Hi everyone. Has anyone been told whether or not the Vista will have refrigerators in the cabins? Our friends found out that the Sunshine did not have them in the Balcony cabins. I am just afraid this may be becoming a trend to not have them. It won't cause me to cancel my 11 day cruise, but it would be nice if they do have them. :D

Hi. I just called Carnival, and the Lido Balcony Cabins do have the mini bars. The porthole cabins have them also. I'm thinking it's pretty safe to say the fridges are back. The Sunshine was the only ship that did not have them in the he Lido Balcony cabins. So... Now I know that they do have them on the vista.

I am pretty sure that the Dream class cabins have mini fridges.

Since the Vista is a slightly bigger version of Dream class it can be assumed they will have mini fridges too.

The Spirit, Conquest and Dream class (and soon to be Vista class) all have them in every room.

While they are a convenience, they are never cold anyway! :p

Did you know there is a little lever in the back? You can't see it if you look in, but I put a mirror in there to find it. It is not freezing, but much colder than they like to keep it set to. Our cans were nice and cold.

The Spirit, Conquest and Dream class (and soon to be Vista class) all have them in every room.

Thanks so much, jimbo5544. Now I can tell our friends they won't have the same situation as they did on the Sunshine.

• 11 months later...
^^ Correct ^^

They are minibars not refrigerators (no compressor) so they chill "slightly" but don't get cold.

This has been my observation as well. What most are calling refrigerators are actually chillers, quite similar to wine chillers, that use the thermoelectric cooling principle rather than a refrigeration cycle. The main advantage is that the only moving part is a small fan, and their operation is very quiet. If you expect them to cool your beer down to just above freezing, then you will be disappointed, but they are fine for chilling wine.

Guests having a medical need for a true refrigerator can obtain one through Special Needs.

Yep.

While some continue to call them fridges. they are mini-bars, they do not have a compressor and therefore they cannot get cold like a refrigerator.

Carnival is very careful to always call them mini-bars.

Mini-fridge and mini-bar are not synonymous.

Edited by lizardhowson

Yep.

While some continue to call them fridges. they are mini-bars, they do not have a compressor and therefore they cannot get cold like a refrigerator.

Carnival is very careful to always call them mini-bars.

Mini-fridge and mini-bar are not synonymous.

Several years ago, my wife requested that our stateroom steward remove the mini-bar items from the "refrigerator" so she could put her carryon wine in it. Every time she used the word "refrigerator," he corrected her saying that it was a chiller. At first I thought that this was a language barrier, but after further investigation, I discovered that he was indeed correct, it is a chiller and not a refrigerator.

Several years ago, my wife requested that our stateroom steward remove the mini-bar items from the "refrigerator" so she could put her carryon wine in it. Every time she used the word "refrigerator," he corrected her saying that it was a chiller. At first I thought that this was a language barrier, but after further investigation, I discovered that he was indeed correct, it is a chiller and not a refrigerator.

Yes and they are also called coolers. A mini version of the big ones with glass doors you get your Pepsi out of at the mini marts! Lol!

Hi everyone. Has anyone been told whether or not the Vista will have refrigerators in the cabins? Our friends found out that the Sunshine did not have them in the Balcony cabins. I am just afraid this may be becoming a trend to not have them. It won't cause me to cancel my 11 day cruise, but it would be nice if they do have them. :D

John Heald posted a video on his fb page today that showed what he called refrigerators in the staterooms on the Vista. He also stated that they would not be mini-bars, and if you preorder bottled water it will be placed in the refrigerator before you arrive.