Future Cruise Credit

Summergee

You can also purchase an FCD for a friend or family member that is not on board. You will need to be able to provide the details of the person you are wishing to make an FCD for, name, address, date of birth and if they have not cruised with us before in order for the FCD to be created against this persons URN. If they have cruised with Cunard Line before we will have their details. You will need to pay for the Future Cruise Deposit on your credit/ debit card if it is for someone not on board.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/FCD

This may be slightly off topic, but it may be useful information for some of those planning future Cunard voyages.

Future OBC cannot be used on full or segments of World Cruises. We may have been told this when we purchased the FCC during our return TA last June, but I'm sure we didn't anticipate doing any WC segments at that time.

Bob

This may be slightly off topic, but it may be useful information for some of those planning future Cunard voyages.

Future OBC cannot be used on full or segments of World Cruises. We may have been told this when we purchased the FCC during our return TA last June, but I'm sure we didn't anticipate doing any WC segments at that time.

Bob

Is Future OBC, the OBC that comes with booking a future cruise while on-board? Can you use a FCC for a segment or full World Cruise? If so, what do they do with accompanying OBC?

Is Future OBC, the OBC that comes with booking a future cruise while on-board? Can you use a FCC for a segment or full World Cruise? If so, what do they do with accompanying OBC?
it is my understanding that the OBC that comes when buying future cruise credit can not be used for either a full or segment of a WC. When we paid our down payment for the Fort Lauderdale to Valpo segment, we were not able to use the FCC toward this segment. Of course, we could get the money back that we used to buy FCC if we wanted it, but we will almost certainly be booking other non-WC cruises before the 4 year time limit on FCC is reached.

Bob

it is my understanding that the OBC that comes when buying future cruise credit can not be used for either a full or segment of a WC. When we paid our down payment for the Fort Lauderdale to Valpo segment, we were not able to use the FCC toward this segment. Of course, we could get the money back that we used to buy FCC if we wanted it, but we will almost certainly be booking other non-WC cruises before the 4 year time limit on FCC is reached.

Bob

Bob

There may be differences in how Future Cruise Deposits can be used between different markets. For UK passengers, you can use the FCD for segments of the World Cruise. I booked a segment recently of a 2016 World Cruise and my FCD was automatically applied together with the OBC. However, for UK passengers if you book a full World Cruise or Liner Voyage (2 or more segments of the World Cruise) whilst onboard you get a 3% reduction in the fare rather than extra OBC.

Will

Edited by WillH

There may be differences in how Future Cruise Deposits can be used between different markets.

Hi Will,

Apparently that is the case with the FC Deposits. I've given up trying to figure out why there are so many differences between the Cunard US and UK fare structures, cancellation fees, etc. I guess it is all out spelled out in the fine print somewhere.

Enjoy your OBC :)

Bob

Edited by BobBranst

Hi Bob

Many thanks. I agree that it would be good if there was consistency of the Ts&Cs in the different markets. There doesn't seem to be any logic for some of the differences unless it is purely driven by differences in consumer law in each market.

Hope you enjoy your segment on QM2 next year - it looks like a good itinerary.

Cheers

Will

However, for UK passengers if you book a full World Cruise or Liner Voyage (2 or more segments of the World Cruise) whilst onboard you get a 3% reduction in the fare rather than extra OBC.

Will

Will

After re-reading the paperwork that we received when we purchased our FC deposits on board in May 2014, I find that I was in error. The US version also gives the 3% reduction on fare on full WC and WC segments rather than OBC.

However, it calculates to be less value (for us) than what we would receive if we were to wait and use it for the OBC on a non-WC voyage in the future.

Bob