QM2 Cookbook

Captiveguru

Just disembarked QV in FLL (having boarded in LAX). On our last day at sea the executive chef gave a great demonstration in the Grand Lobby of two recipes from the 2009 cookbook, "Queen Mary 2 Ocean Liner Cuisine."

Mrs. Guru now wants a copy and was disappointed to learn that the only Cunard cookbook for sale onboard was the QE2 cookbook. Unbeknownst to her I purchased a copy of the QE2 cookbook earlier during the voyage and got it signed by the head chef. I thought that would be a great gift, but if she wants the QM2 version I need to find it.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of the QM2 cookbook?

Have you tried Amazon or Ebay ? There are a couple for sale in the UK but I'm not sure if they are offering US shipping.

Otherwise, it seems the perfect excuse to travel on QM2 !

How was your QV trip ? Were you able to dine in the Courtyard ? Did you see the volcanic eruption ?

Have you tried Amazon or Ebay ? There are a couple for sale in the UK but I'm not sure if they are offering US shipping.

Otherwise, it seems the perfect excuse to travel on QM2 !

How was your QV trip ? Were you able to dine in the Courtyard ? Did you see the volcanic eruption ?

Looked at Amazon and Ebay. Only those 2 in the UK. Are you sure there are copies on QM2?

Had lunch several times in the Grills Courtyard. Very nice. I highly recommend the Iced Coffee! There was one table set up for dinner two nights ago on the QG side.

The Mexican volcano was too far away, but we visited the one in Nicaragua on tour.

I'm fairly sure I've seen the cookbook on board but I can report back in a few weeks time if that would help.

Maybe somebody currently/recently on board can confirm.

Could your local book shop order it for you ?

I wanted to purchase some jigsaw puzzles I saw in the bookshop on QM2, so I contacted Cunard who referred me to:

Mel Glossop

Ocean Books

admin@oceanbooks.com

Tel: 01794-830663

I must say the service was above and beyond excellent, and they will go onboard when the ship is docked in Southampton to get items from the shop for you as they are taking on new stock, should they not have it offshore. Every year I always order the Cunard calenders from them which make great gifts.

Sure they would post overseas.

Edited by maitai999

Hello Captiveguru,

The Cook book you are referring to, features recipes by Jean-Marie Zimmerman (former global culinary ambassador for Cunard) It is still available in the book shop onboard QM2 ( at least it was in November 2014)

I've often brought back copies as they make a nice gift for a special occasion. Not only features recipes but beautiful colour photos of the interior of Queen Mary 2.

I even have a copy myself, but it's never seen the kitchen ;) as it makes a splendid coffee table book .

If you have a problem locating a copy you may be interested in contacting 'Editions Glenat' or Mr. Richard Curtis ,Cunard Marketing Carnival House UK.

:)

Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of the QM2 cookbook?

The back of my copy indicates the following ISBN - you may be able to trace a copy through a book shop with this.

ISBN 978-2-7234-7367-5

Trevor

The back of my copy indicates the following ISBN - you may be able to trace a copy through a book shop with this.

ISBN 978-2-7234-7367-5

Trevor

Further to my last post ----

There are copies on Amazon UK at GBP 75 + postage - use the following link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0085Y03AU%3FSubscriptionId%3D0D2DHPR4QZK90GRWYP02%26tag%3Dfindthelowesb-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D12734%26creativeASIN%3DB0085Y03AU

Thanks for all of the suggestions. 75 GBP seems a bit steep... I paid 33 USD for the QE2 Cookbook. Why is that still in print and the QM2 book is not?

Waiting for confirmation that it is still available onboard the QM2. I looked at the cookbooks whilst onboard QM2 last September and am pretty sure only the QE2 book was available. Could be wrong...

Thanks for all of the suggestions. 75 GBP seems a bit steep... I paid 33 USD for the QE2 Cookbook. Why is that still in print and the QM2 book is not?

Waiting for confirmation that it is still available onboard the QM2. I looked at the cookbooks whilst onboard QM2 last September and am pretty sure only the QE2 book was available. Could be wrong...

I got mine on the QE in January 2014 on the first sector of the World Cruise.

I purchased a copy on Amazon.co.uk. The seller did not have an overseas delivery quote, so I emailed him and he added that to his listing. The Price was GBP 75. and delivery was another GBP 7 + (I don't have a pound sterling symbol on my keyboard so I have quoted the priced with the currency id. GBP means Pounds, currently about $1.49 to the pound.) A bit pricey but worth it in my mind. Cheers Mike

Edited by Bigmike911

I don't know if this helps, but the cookbook is offered here: https://www.cunard.com/Documents/Gifts%20and%20Special%20Occassions/Gifts_Brochure.pdf See page 4.

"Queen Mary 2 Cookbook

- Ocean Liner Cuisine $50.00

Jean-Marie Zimmermann has released his

Ocean Liner Cuisine book, which provides

a gastronomic experience to be long remembered."

Edited by Salacia

I don't know if this helps, but the cookbook is offered here: https://www.cunard.com/Documents/Gifts%20and%20Special%20Occassions/Gifts_Brochure.pdf See page 4.

"Queen Mary 2 Cookbook

Thanks. I saw that too, but it appears to be a list of items to be purchased while onboard. I will call the number listed.

PS - I like the price. Much better than 75 GBP.

I purchased a copy on Amazon.co.uk. The seller did not have an overseas delivery quote, so I emailed him and he added that to his listing. The Price was GBP 75. and delivery was another GBP 7 + (I don't have a pound sterling symbol on my keyboard so I have quoted the priced with the currency id. GBP means Pounds, currently about $1.49 to the pound.) A bit pricey but worth it in my mind. Cheers Mike

75 GBP is quite a mark-up from the onboard price of 50 USD. Maybe this is why there are no copies onboard. The re-sellers might be going straight to the bookstore upon embarkation and buying all of the copies...

75 GBP is quite a mark-up from the onboard price of 50 USD. Maybe this is why there are no copies onboard. The re-sellers might be going straight to the bookstore upon embarkation and buying all of the copies...

I feel a cunning plan coming on ....

"Queen Mary 2 Cookbook

I called the 800#. Only available to be pre-ordered before your voyage begins...

I wanted to purchase some jigsaw puzzles I saw in the bookshop on QM2, so I contacted Cunard who referred me to:

Mel Glossop

Ocean Books

admin@oceanbooks.com

Tel: 01794-830663

I must say the service was above and beyond excellent, and they will go onboard when the ship is docked in Southampton to get items from the shop for you as they are taking on new stock, should they not have it offshore. Every year I always order the Cunard calenders from them which make great gifts.

Sure they would post overseas.

Thanks for the suggestion. Here is his response to my inquiry:

"Thank you for your email regarding the QM2 Cookbook. I do have a copy here which I would be happy to send to you. The cost of the book is $50.00. We are based in the UK and posting it to you would be around $30.00 to post to you in the US…….."

He is actually a she!

$30 shipping (just under £20 GBP) sounds right, I paid pretty much that for next day delivery for a couple of puzzles and thats within the UK.

Order, sit back and wait for Mrs Guru to be delighted ....