Question for Haven/Suite guests with UDP

hpecorari

2 people on a FB page mentioned that they were in the Haven and had the UDP, however, the UDP did NOT include in room dining for specialty restaurants.

Can someone who was in the Haven or Suite with the UDP tell me if they were able to use the UDP for in room dining with their Butler for specialty restaurants without paying an additional fee?

Thanks!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

In December it was in suite dining with the UDP and if you have a good butler, you can get soup from Maderno and sliders from Cagneys. [emoji12]

So are you saying it's not included with the UDP but your butler was nice enough to get those two items for you?

Harriet

So are you saying it's not included with the UDP but your butler was nice enough to get those two items for you?

Harriet

No, I guess that was confusing. We ate too much food to have a full meal so we just ordered appetizers from Cagneys and Modernos and signed the zero'd out ticket from Cagneys, we did that twice and another night we had a full meal from Le Bistro all under the UDP.

No, I guess that was confusing. We ate too much food to have a full meal so we just ordered appetizers from Cagneys and Modernos and signed the zero'd out ticket from Cagneys, we did that twice and another night we had a full meal from Le Bistro all under the UDP.

Thanks!

Harriet

We had the UDP on the Sky 3 weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoyed dinner from Cagney's in our beautiful aft penthouse. Our butler brought appetizers first, then the main course about 15 minutes later, and dessert about 1/2 hour after that. It was a fabulous meal, accompanied by a beautiful sunset, and our favourite night of the cruise! :D

There was no extra charge involved...just some extra in his tip envelope at the end of the cruise! :)

We had the UDP on the Sky 3 weeks ago, and thoroughly enjoyed dinner from Cagney's in our beautiful aft penthouse. Our butler brought appetizers first, then the main course about 15 minutes later, and dessert about 1/2 hour after that. It was a fabulous meal, accompanied by a beautiful sunset, and our favourite night of the cruise! :D

There was no extra charge involved...just some extra in his tip envelope at the end of the cruise! :)

Great! That's what I was hoping to hear.

Funny that two different people said that they had the UDP in a Suite and Haven and still had to pay the Specialty Restaurant charge because the UDP was not valid for in suite dining.

Harriet

Funny that two different people said that they had the UDP in a Suite and Haven and still had to pay the Specialty Restaurant charge because the UDP was not valid for in suite dining.

Harriet

Yeah I know. I just paid for the dining plan because I want to eat ensuite twice that week

Harriet

I have dined in the suite from Speciality Restaurants many times using the UDP.

A small number of times (4 or 5) I was accidentally charged. Once I pointed out the error it was corrected.

People make mistakes.

Yeah I know. I just paid for the dining plan because I want to eat ensuite twice that week
Did you give NCL a call and ask the question?

On another thread, a poster swore (even bolded the statement) that they paid the 18 percent gratuity while having the UBP. Even though the poster was adamant about it, it ended up being erroneous information.

I wonder if they called room service instead of the butler?

One of the perks of having a suite on NCL is in room dining. Your butler can get you anything that is available on the ship for any meal. If you have the UDP you will not pay any additional charges less whatever tip you choose to give your butler.

And...this is exactly what I thought. However, two people who were on a cruise recently said they couldn't use their UDP for in room dining.

Do you know this first hand as you've recently cruised with the UDP in a suite/Haven or, like me, believe your statement to be true.

Harriet

I wonder if they called room service instead of the butler?

I don't know if that would really matter as I did that one time and ordered food, however, they actually told me to call my butler or they would call my butler and give him my order.

Harriet

I have dined in the suite from Speciality Restaurants many times using the UDP.

A small number of times (4 or 5) I was accidentally charged. Once I pointed out the error it was corrected.

People make mistakes.

Thank you for your first hand information.

Harriet

And...this is exactly what I thought. However, two people who were on a cruise recently said they couldn't use their UDP for in room dining.

Do you know this first hand as you've recently cruised with the UDP in a suite/Haven or, like me, believe your statement to be true.

Harriet

I know this first hand.