Dilemma, cancel & rebook, when do promos end?

Here's the deal. We are booked in a H2 out of San Juan Nov 2016 and all the San Juan prices have dropped. There are only two of our rooms and they are both booked so of course we can't get a updated price on our room but all the Haven rooms have dropped on our cruise, if I look at the cruise two weeks before us the H2 dropped $400pp this all happened last night. Personally I'm embarrassed to tell anyone I know what I paid, they may have me committed! We paid $4399pp for 7 days in the H2 by comparison we paid $4299pp in December for 11 days in the H2.

So now what do I do? Should I cancel the room and rebook later today or tomorrow when it's available again? Will the promos end before I rebook? I guess the worst case scenario is someone else gets the room and we're stuck with the H5/4 at $3000 less! We are taking this cruise and plan on a B2B with most likely the leg before but won't book that till 30 days out.

Any advice here?

TIA

I would just call and ask for the lower price. Make sure, if you have any OBC or other perks, that you don't loose them or if you loose them, you are getting a better deal on the room. This far out, they should just give you the lower price, no questions asked.

I would call NCL or your TA (which ever what you booked it) and see if they can get you the lower cost.

I booked my December cruise prior to the perks were offered, I called NCL and not only did I get to choose a perk, my cost went down, but just minimally.

I think OP is saying there IS no lower price – there’s no price at all listed – because both rooms in that category are booked. So if they cancel and rebook, the new price could be lower or it could be higher. I think I would change for the H4/5 room at current price and then see how your original rooms are repriced once you have released them. At least you will have rooms as backup in the meantime. But don't wait until tomorrow to try to get them back - do it immediately.

I would just call and ask for the lower price. Make sure, if you have any OBC or other perks, that you don't loose them or if you loose them, you are getting a better deal on the room. This far out, they should just give you the lower price, no questions asked.

There's no way for them to offer the lower price because both the rooms are booked and the prices do not exist unless we drop the room and they would have to re-price and re-list it, if that makes sense.

I would call NCL or your TA (which ever what you booked it) and see if they can get you the lower cost.

I booked my December cruise prior to the perks were offered, I called NCL and not only did I get to choose a perk, my cost went down, but just minimally.

We did book through a TA and received a total of $1000 off the fare.

Here's the deal. We are booked in a H2 out of San Juan Nov 2016 and all the San Juan prices have dropped. There are only two of our rooms and they are both booked so of course we can't get a updated price on our room but all the Haven rooms have dropped on our cruise, if I look at the cruise two weeks before us the H2 dropped $400pp this all happened last night. Personally I'm embarrassed to tell anyone I know what I paid, they may have me committed! We paid $4399pp for 7 days in the H2 by comparison we paid $4299pp in December for 11 days in the H2.

So now what do I do? Should I cancel the room and rebook later today or tomorrow when it's available again? Will the promos end before I rebook? I guess the worst case scenario is someone else gets the room and we're stuck with the H5/4 at $3000 less! We are taking this cruise and plan on a B2B with most likely the leg before but won't book that till 30 days out.

Any advice here?

TIA

Is there a higher class suite on your cruise? How is that price compared to what you already paid? Since there's only 2 of your class room the price might not go down if not at all depending on the demand of the room.

I think OP is saying there IS no lower price – there’s no price at all listed – because both rooms in that category are booked. So if they cancel and rebook, the new price could be lower or it could be higher. I think I would change for the H4/5 room at current price and then see how your original rooms are repriced once you have released them. At least you will have rooms as backup in the meantime. But don't wait until tomorrow to try to get them back - do it immediately.

After pricing a B2B with the new lower price as individual cruises in the H5, the total comes to only $200 more than we are paying for one week in the H2 and that would be adding a holiday leg to the cruise. I think they screwed up on the holiday price, but if we were to book it they would have to honor it. Wow, now it's really tough decision. I know the logical decision would be 14 days in the H5. Yes, we need to act today!

Is there a higher class suite on your cruise? How is that price compared to what you already paid? Since there's only 2 of your class room the price might not go down if not at all depending on the demand of the room.

Yes, the H1 went down $1100pp. But the week before us the H1 went down $4200pp on a thanksgiving holiday rate cruise, that's not right, something's wrong there, I think someone screwed up on the holiday pricing. We got to act fast, shhhhhhhh[emoji12]

So here's what we did. Downgraded and changed rooms on our original leg, went from H2 to H5, we were able to keep the $300obc, UBP, UDP, and free DSC. Then booked the same H5 for the holiday cruise (my math was wrong, oops) for $1200 more and get the UBP, UDP, free DSC and the shore excursion credit of $450 if we use it or lose it. So all in all we lost the H2 but got a great deal on 2 weeks in the Haven. Thanks everyone for the help and advice. Time to join another roll call[emoji12]