Burgers on the Dream

jerrya72

Our first (and only) cruise was on the Triumph and I'm embarrassed to say how many Guys burgers my boys ate, they have to really watch what they eat for wresting season and since this was right after they decided to let loose. Anyway we're planning another cruise and this time thinking about the Dream. I'm getting some grief because it doesn't have Guys. Are the burgers on the Dream comparable to Guys at all?

The regular burgers on Dream are good but there isn't the toppings bar. OTOH, Dream has something that Triumph doesn't which is Oceanside BBQ. Not BBQ like most Americans might think and they do have some amazing "sliders". Outside Promenade deck, sea days only, weather permitting.

I was also sad to see no Guy's burgers for our Dream Cruise. I have had the Oceanside BBQ on the Breeze and it was very good. I guess a cruise without Guys' burgers won't kill me! They also don't have a BlueIguana Cantina or a Cucina Del Capitano either, :(

Edited by janjan3839

I was also sad to see no Guy's burgers for our Dream Cruise. I have had the Oceanside BBQ on the Breeze and it was very good. I guess a cruise without Guys' burgers won't kill me! They also don't have a BlueIguana Cantina or a Cucina Del Capitano either, :(

No Cucina, but Dream does have the included Pasta Bar at lunch. :)

Our first (and only) cruise was on the Triumph and I'm embarrassed to say how many Guys burgers my boys ate, they have to really watch what they eat for wresting season and since this was right after they decided to let loose. Anyway we're planning another cruise and this time thinking about the Dream. I'm getting some grief because it doesn't have Guys. Are the burgers on the Dream comparable to Guys at all?

In a word, NO.

They are just plain ole burgers but they aren't bad. The line does have chili and cheese sauce on it so you could make yourself a chili burger to make it a little more interesting. Make sure you check out the Tandoori buffet during lunch. It is all the way aft on Lido deck, you have to go through the buffet area and out the doors to the aft pool. It is back there. Never a line and the food is amazing, if you like Indian. Even if you don't know if you like it, please give it a try!

I really missed Guy's Burgers on the Dream last year, but I think they're other options more than made up for it. They have the burrito bar (not as good as Blue Iguana), the Italian station (with it's own seating area), the Mongolian Wok, the Deli, the Pizza station, the Tandoori station (Indian food), and the seaside grill on sea days. And I'm pretty sure I've forgotten options! We did not go hungry. :o

I have had the Oceanside BBQ on the Breeze and it was very good.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Oceanside BBQ on the Dream is anything like the one on the Breeze. The one on the Breeze looks to be the typical American BBQ fare but the one on the Dream looks very different. Not sure if I will give it a try or not. You will probably come closer to finding me at the pasta bar. ;)

I have a great suggestion. The night before the cruise go to Five Guys, Burger Fi, or if you like a real southern burger Steak and Shake. Enjoy. Then during the cruise, for the next week indulge on all the great food in the buffet and the MDR. When you end the cruise, on the way home, stop again at a burger joint.

I love a good burger, but with all the "free food" including Island, Mexican, Seafood, American, and Asian I hate to waste calories on a burger, even Guy's while on a cruise.

I have a great suggestion. The night before the cruise go to Five Guys, Burger Fi, or if you like a real southern burger Steak and Shake. Enjoy. Then during the cruise, for the next week indulge on all the great food in the buffet and the MDR. When you end the cruise, on the way home, stop again at a burger joint.

I love a good burger, but with all the "free food" including Island, Mexican, Seafood, American, and Asian I hate to waste calories on a burger, even Guy's while on a cruise.

Exactly what I told the kids. The best part for me is trying something new, you can burgers anywhere.

The burgers from the grill are not as good as Guys but there are still chargrilled and hot. You can also get fries, hotdogs, chicken tenders, grilled chicken, and really good potato salad.

They have chicken tenders? I never saw them on the Dream, not once. I assume you are talking about the burger line out on the Lido? :( They had an appetizer one night (the first) in the MDR and I looked for them again the entire cruise and never saw them. I am like a 5 yr old, I can eat chicken tenders and fries for a week and be happy. The lido burger line had the hot dogs and burgers but no other meats. They had fries and cheese sauce and chili, though.

They have chicken tenders? I never saw them on the Dream, not once. I assume you are talking about the burger line out on the Lido? :( They had an appetizer one night (the first) in the MDR and I looked for them again the entire cruise and never saw them. I am like a 5 yr old, I can eat chicken tenders and fries for a week and be happy. The lido burger line had the hot dogs and burgers but no other meats. They had fries and cheese sauce and chili, though.

and likely tortilla chips and jalapeno slices so you can make your own pseudo nachos. maybe mushrooms.

I haven't sailed on the Dream but the grill on the Miracle had chicken tenders and grilled chicken breast along with the hamburgers and hot dogs. The Dream may be different but if so I will miss the tenders. They are very good.

Most teenagers would disagree with you. ;) When I was a kid we traveled the US and Canada and ate at some top notched places as my parents were foodies. I usually ordered a burger and was disappointed when we went somewhere that didn't have one. I remember turning my nose up at a duck dish that was lit on fire at our table because I wanted a burger, LOL... My parents were happy to oblige because it saved them tons of money at these places (my parents didn't believe in babysitters, we went where they went). Now as an adult I would appreciate those places that I didn't' appreciate as a preteen / teen ..

They have chicken tenders? I never saw them on the Dream, not once. I assume you are talking about the burger line out on the Lido? :(

We found them there when we cruised on the Dream. It was one of the things DW was looking forward to since she doesn't like that the ships with Guy's doesn't have the chicken tenders or the nacho cheese and chips. I don't know why they have a salsa bar at the Blue Iguana but no chips. :confused: