Passenger Change?

lgfromdg

My sister, a friend & I are on the 5/20 Epic sailing from Rome. Our friend is ill and may not be able to go on this trip. If she can't go and if we could find someone else who can, does NCL allow passenger changes?

Before anyone asks, no, she didn't take insurance. And no, she's not complaining about losing the money. She knows she should have gotten it. We just thought we could help her recoup some of the expense by getting someone else to take her place.

My sister, a friend & I are on the 5/20 Epic sailing from Rome. Our friend is ill and may not be able to go on this trip. If she can't go and if we could find someone else who can, does NCL allow passenger changes?

Before anyone asks, no, she didn't take insurance. And no, she's not complaining about losing the money. She knows she should have gotten it. We just thought we could help her recoup some of the expense by getting someone else to take her place.

Yes NCL allows passenger changes, but she better make a decision soon... you can't do this at the last minute.

I think you can change as many names as you want as long as its 3 days or more before sailing and at least one of the original guests remains on the sailing.

Are all three of you in the same cabin? If so, while you check for a possible replacement, perhaps call and ask what the cancellation penalty would be for third passenger. On some cruise lines the penalty for can point third or fourth passenger may be small until very close to the cruise.

We all have studio cabins. My friend gets her test results tomorrow and that will be the deciding factor on if she'll be able to go. If we could find someone else and that person could pay her even half of her cruise fare, she'd be ahead.

Thanks to everyone for responding.

We all have studio cabins. My friend gets her test results tomorrow and that will be the deciding factor on if she'll be able to go. If we could find someone else and that person could pay her even half of her cruise fare, she'd be ahead.

Thanks to everyone for responding.

In this case I do not think you can change. At least one of the first 2 names on the reservation has to be the same, and as she is the only one in the cabin that would not happen. It is worth calling and asking, but I doubt they will say yes.

The earlier posts seem to have been based on you all being in one room. Since you are talking Studio's, this may not work. This late in the game I don't think they are going to let you change anything. She is going to be the only one on that reservation and can't cancel. Insurance would have saved this one. Sorry.

One name has to remain from the original booking. If she was scheduled to sail solo in a studio cabin is incompatable with a name change; she will not get 50% back. Forget the name change and the search for a replacement. Let's all hope the test results are good.

Thanks everyone. I probably phrased my question poorly. If she is unable to go (which she'll find out today) losing the money is going to be the least of her problems :( I'm trying to stay positive, but right now she's so exhausted that she says she wouldn't have the energy to go. Keeping my fingers crossed that the doctor has a magic elixir that will help her.

I do not have much to offer in regards to having an alternate, but I wanted to say I do hope that your friend gets good news on her test results, not simply for the purpose of enjoying a wonderful cruise, but for the sake of her overall health..

Thank you. Today's results were inconclusive so she's being admitted to the hospital for further testing. And you're right, her health is the most important thing. If she misses the cruises and loses the money but gains her health back, she'll be happy.