May promo?

TardisDance

Lol and I just booked a cruise in Sept 2016 just to get the UBP. I was going to wait until after this year's cruise, but I'm not going to bet on whether it's offered again. It's only 500+ days away.....

I would imagine the UBP will be a periodic perk to give bookings a jolt.

The novelty will wear off if they make it a standard monthly thing.

It seems like variations of the freestyle promotion are a mainstay.

The new promotion doesn't seem like a good deal. I guess if you don't drink and eat at the speciality restaurant's it's a great deal. The Internet package is pretty good if you need to stay connected.

Free WiFi is nice - 250 minutes (that's 4 hours & 10 minutes divided over 4 to 6 days, and less daily usage on longer sailings) won't do much if one is on it daily - and useful only on newer ships with the faster satellite internet - it's useless with 100 pax surfing at the same time on the older ships with ultra slow dial-up connection speed & high latency, all trying to "squeeze" thru that uplink & downlink.

Last month's promo was advertised for something as much as $2,090 in value for suite/Haven bookings, May's nenw promo is valued at about $1,200 only so that in itself is a major promo reduction - without looking at the fine prints. Inside cabin is a $25 OBC, wow. Nothing, alas, is free and already factored into the (mostly/some of the) fares & pricing.

...Last month's promo was advertised for something as much as $2,090 in value for suite/Haven bookings, May's nenw promo is valued at about $1,200 only so that in itself is a major reduction - without looking at the fine prints....

BUT, they're still showing up to $2,090 value in the email I received just today.

Somebody needs either a proofreader or a mathematician...

The UDP isn't a good deal as it is hard to now get bookings in the specialty restaurants. You have to now book prior to sailing or stand in a long line on embarkation day to make your reservations. Having to book so early takes away from the freestyle concept. We couldn't get bookings on our last cruise because we left it until day 2. We did try to ring day 1, but the phones were engaged and the message boxes full. Internet package- wouldn't bother, too slow and frustrating, drops out etc. besides you can get free internet in most ports. UBP package to us was the best deal. I'm hoping the balcony prices drop to reflect that the promo isn't as good as when they were originally introduced.

• 4 weeks later...