Norwegian vs. Celebrity for Mediterranean Cruise

viranpooja

I seem to remember we got our passports back within a day or so, as I had travel shirts (Field & Stream, of all companies) that had a hidden pocket perfectly sized to hold a passport, and I carried that passport on our second port visit (and all subsequent ones, just in case). We may have even gotten them back before we boarded in Barcelona.

Try not to get old - memory is one of the first things to go! I'll ask my wife tonight and see if she remembers differently...

Remember what I mentioned about memory? The wife says the ship kept our passports throughout the entire voyage. And being the wife, that means she's right. I must have been carrying the color xerox of my passport. I do remember making sure I carried that sort of ID, plus driver's license, plus a credit card, in case I missed the ship and had to travel to the next port on my own. That, plus various cash in multiple pockets.

Just tried that but unable to check for July. Is it usually only available closer to the date?

what date and ship are you looking for; I will try and pull it up for you and paste it.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Celebrity_Cruises/Celebrity_Constellation/July_2015/

This is Celebritys port schedule

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Norwegian_Cruise_Line/Norwegian_Jade/July_2015/

Jades port schedule

Hope this works for you. I believe you can have fun on any ship; no matter the size, the age, or the crew.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Celebrity_Cruises/Celebrity_Constellation/July_2015/

This is Celebritys port schedule

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Norwegian_Cruise_Line/Norwegian_Jade/July_2015/

Jades port schedule

Hope this works for you. I believe you can have fun on any ship; no matter the size, the age, or the crew.

WOW awesome! That helps a lot. I think we are going to go with Celebrity, and this helps more because it looks like the days when Celebrity is at port, there are really no other ships which makes it much better!

WOW awesome! That helps a lot. I think we are going to go with Celebrity, and this helps more because it looks like the days when Celebrity is at port, there are really no other ships which makes it much better!

Like I mentioned in my post above. You can have fun on any ship; pick a trip for the itinerary first; ship second; and you will have fun. Its nice to know ahead of time if the port will be crowded with other ships.

Like I mentioned in my post above. You can have fun on any ship; pick a trip for the itinerary first; ship second; and you will have fun. Its nice to know ahead of time if the port will be crowded with other ships.

We would love to do the suite on jade especially the one that fits 6 people but unfortunately can't afford it.

I'm also a vegetarian and managed to get copies of Norwegian's MDR menus. On that point alone, I'd choose Celebrity. There are veggie options at every meal, but they're limited, full of starch, and lacking protein in a major way. It's the usual vegetarian pasta trap we're all so very used to.

I think it's important to hear from other vegetarians on the topic of food, our perception is a bit more nuanced than omnis noticing a few items without meat. You won't starve, but if good and varied nutritionally sufficient food is important to you, you might be disappointed. Protein is usually the least of my worries, but I'm bringing protein bars to counteract the predicted overload of carbs.

I'd have chosen Celebrity over Norwegian in a heartbeat also because of the onboard experience, I'm not a fan of Norwegian's ultra casual experience. But Celebrity isn't cruising the Fjords and Norwegian's dates and itinerary was the most suitable for us, of the options we had available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true. I went with Celebrity :)

[quote name='viranpooja']Why did you hate Istanbul?[/QUOTE]

Apologies for the delaying replying. From the minute we arrived in Istanbul everyone tried to rip us off. From taxis, to bars and restaurants and even an ice-cream stand and it just annoyed me so much. The price shouldn't increase three times just because they know you are a tourist. I have travelled all over the world and never found it to be as bad as it was here. When we ordered anything at all we had to ask how much it was before we ordered and it shouldn't have to be like thst. Maybe we were just unlucky but it it one place I won't be back to.

I hope you have a fantastic trip wherever you choose.

[quote name='Tudorcruisers']Apologies for the delaying replying. From the minute we arrived in Istanbul everyone tried to rip us off. From taxis, to bars and restaurants and even an ice-cream stand and it just annoyed me so much. The price shouldn't increase three times just because they know you are a tourist. I have travelled all over the world and never found it to be as bad as it was here. When we ordered anything at all we had to ask how much it was before we ordered and it shouldn't have to be like thst. Maybe we were just unlucky but it it one place I won't be back to.

I hope you have a fantastic trip wherever you choose.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I understand and will be alert for that thanks! That is usually how it is in most Asian countries (I am from India and people do that to me in India all the time when I go there to visit from the states).

Thanks so much!!!