Wi Fi Access on Uniworld

djett

How is the wi fi access on the river between Budapest and Amsterdam? Will be taking the May 17 sailing on Uniworld's Maria Theresa. Will be our first river cruise and really looking forward to it.

We haven't been quite the same route, but have been on some of your route on our 2 previous Uniworld cruises. I think you need to be realistic about the limitations on a moving vessel. I was always able to connect at least twice a day to update a short status to family. If I had trouble connecting at one time (like right when everyone got back on ship after a day of excursions), I could normally connect later... or first thing in the morning. I really didn't want to connect any more than that... I was having too much fun.

I would not want to be expected to work or check in at work (you are one vacation), it's better to go in expected you'll have limited access.

We were on the Rhine last year with Uniworld on the Antoinette and we normally didn't have any problems connecting in the lounge but found it problematic often in the room. So I got in the habit of connecting in the evening while the musicians played and had a drink or two.

To some extent I've heard that it's dependent on geography, more so than the ship per se. Have read lots of complaints about the access along the Danube on these boards. On the Rhine last year, access was great. On the Rhone last month, it was so-so and downright iffy in spots.

We're not expecting much next year on the Danube, so maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. One can always hope!

What we have found with Uniworld is no WIFI in the suites, must go to the lounge or somewhere else public area. You can connect to cloud located email accounts and check your mail and respond accordingly. No POP3 service will be available to the likes of OUTLOOK. Also no WIFI calling is permitted and no log-on to video camera systems. Just the basic stuff is allowed at about .8 to 1.2 MPPS speed on downloads. Upload is 1/4 to 1/2 that speed.

What we have found with Uniworld is no WIFI in the suites, must go to the lounge or somewhere else public area.
I've had no problem using WiFi in my Uniworld rooms. Perhaps it's a function of the individual boat.

I've had no problem using WiFi in my Uniworld rooms. Perhaps it's a function of the individual boat.

It can also be a function of the individual user device, and of course the location of the ship.