What else in CG besides Stinray Snorkel?

StarWarsGal

We have done the Stingray and Snorkel thing twice in Georgetown. Can anyone please recommend other excursions that don't include snorkeling and lying on a beach?

We are both 51 and in decent shape, so I am open to suggestions (not interested in Senior Frog or that type of activity either).

Thanks in advance!

We have done the Stingray and Snorkel thing twice in Georgetown. Can anyone please recommend other excursions that don't include snorkeling and lying on a beach?

We are both 51 and in decent shape, so I am open to suggestions (not interested in Senior Frog or that type of activity either). Thanks in advance!

When we were in George Town this past January we did a Food Tour that sampled several restaurants and other representative foods and beverages of Grand Cayman. (Yes, you sample the rum.) As we walked between places we stopped at various places in interest. Plus we learned some of Grand Cayman's history. By the end of the tour we had consumed plenty of food, even though portion sizes were small every place we stopped.

The tour is called Taste of George Town and Historical Tour part of Cayman Food Tours. The owner was our guide and really knows what she is doing and is passionate about sharing info about where she lives and works. This is a link to their site: http://www.caymanfoodtours.com/

When we were in George Town this past January we did a Food Tour that sampled several restaurants and other representative foods and beverages of Grand Cayman. (Yes, you sample the rum.) As we walked between places we stopped at various places in interest. Plus we learned some of Grand Cayman's history. By the end of the tour we had consumed plenty of food, even though portion sizes were small every place we stopped.

The tour is called Taste of George Town and Historical Tour part of Cayman Food Tours. The owner was our guide and really knows what she is doing and is passionate about sharing info about where she lives and works. This is a link to their site: http://www.caymanfoodtours.com/

This sounds like a great tour. I've been to Grand Cayman a few times. It is definitely once of those ports that is more geared to water activities.

We were there earlier this month and did the West End Loop bike tour. We had a great time. Small group with a guide. We were picked up about a block from the port area and delivered back in time for some shopping and a quick lunch if we wanted. A very nice way to spend time after being on a ship for the most part of 8 days. The area is flat and the bikes are cruiser bikes - no hand controls for novice bikers to worry with.

On a previous visit we rented a car and toured the east end of the island and visited several sights and the botanical gardens.

• 3 weeks later...

We are both 51 and in decent shape, so I am open to suggestions (not interested in Senior Frog or that type of activity either).

Thanks in advance!

If you are interested in Horseback riding I highly recommend Cayman Horse Riding. Nikki is excellent and will pick you up and bring you back.

Here is a video of our trail ride from Jan 15

• 3 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean offers a helicopter flight touring over the island as an excursion- it's only a 45 min excursion, but my 16 & 17 yr old granddaughters really want to do it; I wish I could hear from someone who has taken the flight!! We are leaving from Ft Lauderdale on 6/28/15 and I believe we are in GCaymen our 5th day out! The helicopter ride is certainly different from snorkeling!;):)

We agree with temple1 about renting a car and taking a tour of the island. We haven't done it while on a cruise, just hile on land vacations, but it is very flat and an easy drive. And even though you aren't looking for beach time I'd include a stop at Rum Point for lunch at the Wreck Bar and Grill, love their grouper BLT and mudslide and the view. The East End has more of the rugged beauty.

Nice way to see the rest of GCM...