Reduced Deposit

MEOWSMURPHY

Ditto here. I am looking at a cruise for next March and next summer. Would love to have low cost deposits. I just had an e-mail from Princess where they are offering $100 deposit.

But until they change their Caribbean infusion menu..........no thanks.

Edited by AmberTeka

This does not answer your question re. reduced deposits as I have no clue.

Just want to point out that if you book with reduced deposit and the price drops, you'd have to come up with the full deposit when you requested that price drop or risk your cruise being canceled. This has happened to a few people because they didn't know the rules.

Edited by Sparky2

This does not answer your question re. reduced deposits as I have no clue.

Just want to point out that if you book with reduced deposit and the price drops, you'd have to come up with the full deposit when you requested that price drop or risk your cruise being canceled. This has happened to a few people because they didn't know the rules.

Thanks for this info...it shouldn't be a problem to come up with the additional $$ if need be..I just didn't want to have to lay out $1500 in one shot..:D

Riley's Mom..thanks..hopefully you will hear back soon

I just wanted to let you all know that I did the reduced deposit for a cruise in 2017 (yes, I said 2017!), and I just (3 minutes ago) submitted a price protection form and it was approved! [emoji3]

You might want to call and see if you are expected to pay the rest of the deposit since they aren't doing reduced deposits right now. Otherwise you may find you have no cruise at all in a week or so.

You might want to call and see if you are expected to pay the rest of the deposit since they aren't doing reduced deposits right now. Otherwise you may find you have no cruise at all in a week or so.

You are right! My 2016 cruises had 1/2 deposits. I went to do the price match and was told when I called that I had to pay the full deposit, which I already knew...that is why I called instead of submitting the form.

The CSR told me if I had submitted the form and was approved that I could have lost my booking for not paying the full deposit.

I already got the email showing the lower balance.

I already got the email showing the lower balance.

Yes, but people have also gotten the approval in the past just to find out in a week that their cruise was cancelled because they did not pay the full deposit. Read what I stated earlier. The CSR knew this and told me I had to pay the full deposit first so that my cruises would not be cancelled.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Yes, but people have also gotten the approval in the past just to find out in a week that their cruise was cancelled because they did not pay the full deposit. Read what I stated earlier. The CSR knew this and told me I had to pay the full deposit first so that my cruises would not be cancelled.

I guess I'll find out.

This happened to us. I booked in March with early deposit. I saw a price drop and was so excited I didn't call my PVP, I just submitted the form. It came back approved for us along with a receipt showing the lower price. I was so excited I let my PVP know. She immediately called me to tell me that by doing this I needed to pay the full deposit. We'll I didn't have the extra money laying around so she was able to call Carnival and have them put a flag on our reservation. They were prepared to cancel it by the next morning. Just call your PVP or carnival directly unless you want your cruise cancelled. Or pay the remaining deposit. They won't ask first, they'll just cancel and send you an email.

I guess I'll find out.

I learned the hard way. Reduced deposit, called for price adjustment....week later....found out cruise was cancelled. I found out by looking at the available cabins and there my cabin was! Kim

I am not one that likes to learn the hard way. Read so much on this that I knew to call and pay full deposit.

I am not one that likes to learn the hard way. Read so much on this that I knew to call and pay full deposit.

I agree. I work so hard for our cruises that I would be heartbroken to one morning wake up, check my cruise tracker, and find out it had been cancelled :eek:.

Quoted directly from Carnival's website:

"When re-pricing to a new promotion, guest assumes all terms and conditions of the new promotion and may forfeit any or all features associated with the original fare, such as cabin assignment, onboard credit, an upgrade, special deposit and payment terms, etc."

Ok guys, I am a risk taker, because for my last cruise I changed the name of my companion myself online and had no issues.....buuuuttt, I don't wanna lose $250 so I just went in and paid $200 to make my total paid to date $500.

Ok guys, I am a risk taker, because for my last cruise I changed the name of my companion myself online and had no issues.....buuuuttt, I don't wanna lose $250 so I just went in and paid $200 to make my total paid to date $500.

Better safe than sorry. I hope you have a great cruise!!!