NYC - Bermuda time difference

Eileenieg63

Hi all... first time cruiser here! We are leaving out of Bayonne on Sat. May 16 on RCI Liberty OTS, and getting to Bermuda on Monday 5/18. I noticed that Bermuda is one hour ahead of NY.

When do we correct our watches/travel alarm clocks? Don't want to screw up any dinner reservations/shows, and more importantly transportation/excursion schedules. Thanks so much!!

Anyone been to Bermuda lately on Royal and can you let me know actual arrival time and time you were able to disembark?it is showing on itinerary 9:00 docked but not sure if that is time able to leave ship. Want to catch 9:30 ferry otherwise 2 hour wait til next Orange route. Thanks for any info.

Hi all... first time cruiser here! We are leaving out of Bayonne on Sat. May 16 on RCI Liberty OTS, and getting to Bermuda on Monday 5/18. I noticed that Bermuda is one hour ahead of NY.

When do we correct our watches/travel alarm clocks? Don't want to screw up any dinner reservations/shows, and more importantly transportation/excursion schedules. Thanks so much!!

It's up to the cruise line. They could change the clocks either the first or second nights, and I've seen it done both ways over the years, so I wouldn't begin to guess how they'll do it on your ship. In any event you can't possibly mess up any transportation/excursion schedules in Bermuda because the clocks are going to be adjusted before you get there regardless. You'll be notified when you have to make the change.

Edited by njhorseman

Anyone been to Bermuda lately on Royal and can you let me know actual arrival time and time you were able to disembark?it is showing on itinerary 9:00 docked but not sure if that is time able to leave ship. Want to catch 9:30 ferry otherwise 2 hour wait til next Orange route. Thanks for any info.

No one's been there this year on Royal Caribbean because their Bermuda cruise season hasn't started yet, but regardless you can't count on being able to make a ferry that early if your ship is scheduled to dock at 9. On any of the cruise lines the ship could dock anywhere from a bit early to on time...or even late if they run into some heavy weather on the way. You have to allow for 30 minutes from docking time until passengers are cleared to disembark so unless you're early it's unlikely you could make the 9 am ferry.

By the way if you're on the Liberty of the Seas according to the port schedule it docks at 8 am except for its first arrival on May 8.

By the way if you're on the Liberty of the Seas according to the port schedule it docks at 8 am except for its first arrival on May 8.

Thank you for info. I am not sure. The itinerary online at Royal's website shows 9:00 am docked and cruisecal.com shows 9:00. I am wondering the 8AM is our time as it will be 9 there? I would really hope it is 8 but I guess I won't count on it. If you miss 9:30 ferry going to St. George, have to wait til 11:30. Thank you.

Thank you for info. I am not sure. The itinerary online at Royal's website shows 9:00 am docked and cruisecal.com shows 9:00. I am wondering the 8AM is our time as it will be 9 there? I would really hope it is 8 but I guess I won't count on it. If you miss 9:30 ferry going to St. George, have to wait til 11:30. Thank you.

8 am is the listed time on the official Bermuda Department of Marine and Ports schedule, so it's definitely in local Bermuda (Atlantic) time, not Eastern time. Here's a link to the schedule:

http://seaexpress.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2015_Cruise_Ship_Schedule.pdf