Panama Canal Partial Transit

missdenise

I am with a group going on this cruise in the winter and I was getting some suggestions together for when we meet. I keep reading about taking the ferry boat through the rest of the canal as interesting excursion. I have gone thru all the excursions on the Princess website and I cannot locate this tour? I would think it would be listed under Gatun Lake tours? I do not think this would be a tour that should be taken unless it was booked though Princess as the timing in the canal can be unpredictable. There are no tours for the port Colon? What am I missing?

Thanks.

I am with a group going on this cruise in the winter and I was getting some suggestions together for when we meet. I keep reading about taking the ferry boat through the rest of the canal as interesting excursion. I have gone thru all the excursions on the Princess website and I cannot locate this tour? I would think it would be listed under Gatun Lake tours? I do not think this would be a tour that should be taken unless it was booked though Princess as the timing in the canal can be unpredictable. There are no tours for the port Colon? What am I missing?

Thanks.

I think the tour you are looking for is called Panama Canal & Locks Transit by Boat. (PC1-615)

Most excursions don't show up on the Princess site until shortly before the cruise. Sometimes they show up earlier than other times but it seems to be cruise dependent. For instance we are booked for a full transit in September and the excursions aren't available yet. How far out is your cruise?

Edited by Thrak

I think the tour you are looking for is called Panama Canal & Locks Transit by Boat. (PC1-615)

Thank you - yes, it is. This is bazaar, when I search on Princess without logging in to my cruise it is not listed as an excursion, only when I log in does it show up.

Most excursions don't show up on the Princess site until shortly before the cruise. Sometimes they show up earlier than other times but it seems to be cruise dependent. For instance we are booked for a full transit in September and the excursions aren't available yet. How far out is your cruise?

Our cruise is in January. All of them are there except for Colon, but only if I log in.

Thanks.

You cannot take independent tours on Canal day. And, no there are no tours in Colon. You are not there long enough. All the tours start in Gatun Lake and end in Colon.

We found the ferry boat transit to be interesting and worth it, but it's a very long day with a tender ride to shore and two long bus trips. Luckily, we had nice weather, a great guide, and the first bus out, so we got the seats we wanted on the ferry (near the front but in the shade).