Marineland and Aquasplash from Cannes?

Jade Cruise

Has anyone visited the Marineland park and Aquasplash waterpark from Cannes? if I'm reading it right it looks like about 30min train ride from Cannes. Is it worth doing and would it be of interest to teens of 16 and 13 or is it more for little kids?

Thanks for your reply, I want to do something while in Cannes or Palma that will appeal to the family. We hope to visit Pompeii and Pisa in the days before and I was looking for something more 'fun and games' for them as a contrast. They may be all cultured out by then! I am researching snorkelling or VisiTour Segway tour as a possible options. What would you recommend?

Jade.

Thanks for your reply, I want to do something while in Cannes or Palma that will appeal to the family. We hope to visit Pompeii and Pisa in the days before and I was looking for something more 'fun and games' for them as a contrast. They may be all cultured out by then! I am researching snorkelling or VisiTour Segway tour as a possible options. What would you recommend?

Jade.

I think the segway would be my pick. You get to do a lot of fun sightseeing in the city. Go for one of the longer tours. Afterwards, go to the beach. Rent lounge chairs at one of the beach establishments. They all have restaurants and you can get something to eat there.

I don't think there is great snorkeling in Cannes. Plus, going to the beach after the segway will accomplish the "water" portion of the day.

You might also want to save the "family" fun outing for Mallorca and do a more conventional sightseeing tour to, say, St Paul de Vence and Antibes or Nice while in Cannes. I think the kids would enjoy that too. That would be my top choice!

PS - I just saw that Hank (hlitner) also recommended to someone else to save the beach for Mallorca. He is right, much better for all water sports.

Edited by marazul

Having travelled myself with teenagers I know they can get 'cultured out' as you put it. But sitting on a beach and watching the scene is a way to absorb culture of a different kind. Even better is to explore other towns.

If you want to broaden your children's horizons, then don't do thinks that are the same as home.

Having travelled myself with teenagers I know they can get 'cultured out' as you put it. But sitting on a beach and watching the scene is a way to absorb culture of a different kind. Even better is to explore other towns.

If you want to broaden your children's horizons, then don't do thinks that are the same as home.

Jade -

I just saw this reply from maryann. Don't know if you are still following this thread, but she is so right! Don't do things that are the same at home.

And do not underestimate your teenagers either. While in Cannes, you can visit Antibes and walk around he mega-yachts of the billionaires in the marina. And then have them go around a medieval fort (Fort Vauban - right behind the marina). The you can go into the Medieval city and wander in the old streets. The same applies to St Paul. The kids would really like the old town, the city walls, the fountain, etc. Ten years from now, they will remember these sights. They will never remember a generic water park.

These are not "culture" type museums. These are living cities (a bit touristy now) that are like nothing they have ever seen in their lives.

You will be on the Allure (I think!) that has plenty of zip lines, climbing walls and other stuff for teenager energy. Use your time on shore to show them the things they will like to go back to. Don't underestimate them.

Edited by marazul