Popcorn on the Liberty

RCCL also closes the soft-serve yogurt/ice cream machine at 6 pm. Boo! Carnival's soft-serve machine is open 24/7.

For ice cream, NCL is particularly generous...in their buffet, they dish out varying flavors of delicious hard ice cream, and also self-serve soft ice cream and frozen yogurt, late into the evening...all complimentary. No 'Ben and Jerry's', although they do have for-a-fee gelato venue's on the newest ships...

I would suspect it isn't free to keep the kids and adults from wasting it. I could imagine the mess they would have if it was free.

My son bought some on the allure and tipped the bartender. After that it was free the rest of the night. So tipping does help on the ship

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
I totally agree...It just isn't the same feel. You must have popcorn with a movie. One cruise I packed a few bags of microwave popcorn only to find out there were NO MICROWAVES to be used. It was sheer torture seeing those unpopped bags in my cabin. My DH and I walked the entire ship looking too. How silly we must have been, but that is how much I love popcorn and he knew he wasn't going to get any rest...lol

I read in another thread that one person asked the room steward to use the crew MW to pop their popcorn bags. Apparently, the crew has a MW below decks for their use.