Distilled Water

m1k2s3

It was important for my husband to have distilled water too. I think I asked my TA to ask, but I think I called too. It was waiting in our room for him. My husband brought and extension cord and an extra power strip. I don't know that he needed the power strip,

Just thought I'd follow up on this discussion. I had no problem getting distilled water. On boarding the Riveria, we met our cabin steward and I asked him about it. Before I had finished unpacking, he brought me a gallon jug of distilled water. As far as power outlets, there was an outlet on the lamp by the bed so I didn't need an extension cord.

Tell me about the outlet situation. We will be on the Insignia, unfortunately in a D cabin. I am sure they provide and extension cord, but do they outlets next to the bed?

I have two CPAP machines one for travel and another for home, but because we are going on a 50 day cruise I was thinking about bring either both of the home version. The travel version could work on batteries only.

I don't remember but we always bring our Belkin Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SurgePlus-3-Outlet-Charger-Protector/dp/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1433905971&sr=8-5&keywords=travel+plug

What with cellphones, camera batteries, etc, you always need more plugs!

I don't remember but we always bring our Belkin Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SurgePlus-3-Outlet-Charger-Protector/dp/B00ATZJ5YS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1433905971&sr=8-5&keywords=travel+plug

What with cellphones, camera batteries, etc, you always need more plugs!

+1

especially with a CPAP machine, you will do better to be safe rather than sorry

plan_oceania_regatta_stateroom_6072_upon_embarkation.jpg

When the R ships were built (Insignia, Regatta, Nautica, Sirena) every stateroom had an outlet next to the headboard of the bed where bedside lamps and an alarm clock were to be situated (see the above photo from their Rensaissance Cruises days)..

Room-8044-Oceania-Riviera.jpg

When the ships were refurbished, the bedside lamps became wall mounted sconces, and what with the need to sometimes re-position the beds as twins the outlet for the alarm clock is sometimes very difficult to access.

Unless you feel comfortable getting down on your hands and knees behind the beds, I'd suggest bringing a power strip compatible with the voltage of your CPAP, that has a 6 to 10 foot cord.

Having just gotten off the Insignia last week, I can tell you there are four outlets in the cabin (5 if you count the shaver outlet in the bathroom.) 2 110V and 2 240V are side by side at the desk. It is about 8 feet to one of the end tables and more to the other end table. We always bring a power strip to plug in multiple items. (cell phone, laptop, ipad, etc.)

Having just gotten off the Insignia last week, I can tell you there are four outlets in the cabin (5 if you count the shaver outlet in the bathroom.) 2 110V and 2 240V are side by side at the desk. It is about 8 feet to one of the end tables and more to the other end table. We always bring a power strip to plug in multiple items. (cell phone, laptop, ipad, etc.)

Obviously none by the bed. I guess there used to be.

Thank you very much!!!