Just back from 4/18 Cb

S.S.Oceanlover

Had a great cruise. Ship was in a lot better shape than last time we cruised her.

Had great weather all week and smooth seas.

We stayed on the ship in Cayman but got off at all the other stops.

Only ate in dining room twice. First time we had an hour wait when we went at 5:45pm and second time was 2nd formal night we went at 7 and had about a 35 minute wait.

Did the crab shack and was well worth the $20 pp.

Had blankets at Muts every night.

I guess I haven't been paying attention because there no more unlimited soda package available anymore.

They had had the ultimate one available though which my wife purchased.

Those room stewards don't miss a trick. I always pull the comforter out at the bottom of the bed to stick my feet out but my wife doesn't. After 2 days they started making the bed that way leaving my side untucked and the other side tucked under.

Does Princess only do a fitted sheet and no flat sheet on the beds?

Overall we had a very relaxing and enjoyable cruise.

Bill

Those room stewards don't miss a trick. I always pull the comforter out at the bottom of the bed to stick my feet out but my wife doesn't. After 2 days they started making the bed that way leaving my side untucked and the other side tucked under.

Does Princess only do a fitted sheet and no flat sheet on the beds?

Bill

Just ask your steward for a "top sheet". It will magically appear.

I just got home a few hours ago and i am getting settled in.

Just checked the Princess website which has not been updated yet.

It says soda package $5.18pp per day and

soda and more package $8.05pp per day.

My wife asked 3 different people for the soda only package and was told $7pp per day. i told her that the price they stated was not correct.

Finally after she asked the 3rd person she just shrugged and bought it.

They also had a little ad on the table stating the price of $7pp per day.

I hope they aren't getting like NCL and just raising prices without informing the public.

Bill

Interesting about the soda card. We just got off the CB yesterday and the first day we bought what we thought was the soda card and we got the soda and more by mistake. We went to Passenger Services and told them of our mistake and they took the charge off our bill and replaced it with the standard soda card and put a new sticker on our card. I thought it was our mistake but maybe it was all they sold and we just didn't realize it. The standard soda package is available obviously but maybe they are phasing it out.

We had anytime dining and never waited more than a few minutes at the Coral dining room once it changed over from traditional to anytime dining at 7:15.

I couldn't agree more about the stewards. We like a lot of ice and we order the big buckets from room service. After two days of this we opened up our refrigerator and there was a bucket of ice and it was there everyday after.

We were on the same cruise and have to agree, the ship looks great, the crew was fun and our experience in the dining room was MUCH better then the B2B we did on her last summer. I hope I don't get flamed here but the last few times we were on the CB the Maitre d was Mario Propato and dining room service & staff seemed way off. Very slow service, long waits and we were told that we could not make reservation for anytime by calling the dining line.

Way different this time, shorter waits for a table, food was served promptly and there was a sign at the dining room door showing where those with reservations should enter! The Maitre d this cruise was Daniele Saredi so maybe he changed things up a bit, not sure, but we sure enjoyed our dinner's in the Island Dining room.

Our room steward this cruise was also on top of things, right down to turning in maintenance problems on his own, making sure we had a top sheet & blanket, ice, etc.

Did have a fellow cruiser up at Tradewinds complaining about the Latin/Mexican music being played. He asked the bar tender what the number was to the front desk because he wanted to complain. Came back and told us that the CD had "assured" him that he would fix the music since he had to listen to it the previous week.:rolleyes:

Edited by Sanibel*Gal

We were on the same cruise and have to agree, the ship looks great, the crew was fun and our experience in the dining room was MUCH better then the B2B we did on her last summer.

It was actually worse than what it is now? ;)

We were on the same cruise and have to agree, the ship looks great, the crew was fun and our experience in the dining room was MUCH better then the B2B we did on her last summer. I hope I don't get flamed here but the last few times we were on the CB the Maitre d was Mario Propato and dining room service & staff seemed way off. Very slow service, long waits and we were told that we could not make reservation for anytime by calling the dining line.

Way different this time, shorter waits for a table, food was served promptly and there was a sign at the dining room door showing where those with reservations should enter! The Maitre d this cruise was Daniele Saredi so maybe he changed things up a bit, not sure, but we sure enjoyed our dinner's in the Island Dining room.

Our room steward this cruise was also on top of things, right down to turning in maintenance problems on his own, making sure we had a top sheet & blanket, ice, etc.

Did have a fellow cruiser up at Tradewinds complaining about the Latin/Mexican music being played. He asked the bar tender what the number was to the front desk because he wanted to complain. Came back and told us that the CD had "assured" him that he would fix the music since he had to listen to it the previous week.:rolleyes:

I think Daniele runs the show, he is the one that meets with passengers on embarkation day instead of Mario. ;)