Best and worst Princess tours you have done?

thistledoo

Just did the Aqua Duck tour in Ketchikan. Glad we booked it early as it was sold out before cruise started. WELL WORTH IT!!! Capt Mike and Anthony were very informative even with the corny jokes.

The last time we were in Ketchikan we decided to do the duck tour. We had been in Ketchikan before and so we were hunting for something new. After all the duck jokes and there were many, it turned out to be a great fun tour. Funniest was when the tour guide told us near the end of the tour he was from Oregon and had gone to the University of Oregon for a few years. The name of their team was .... you guessed it.....the DUCKS!!

Ketchikan was where they were going to build the now infamous "bridge to nowhere". I made the mistake of asking about it and was glad I had made it a generic question because I got a very heated response.

Our worst excursion was a few months ago in St Maarten when we took a ship's tour to Orient Beach. We have been to the beach before but by private operator and had a great time. Being lazy we decided to use the Princess tour. What comes to mind to describe it is cattle call, very over crowded at the very end of the beach area with "free" punch drinks that were about the most disgusting I have ever had. Luckily we paid for it by using free OBC.

Edited by satxdiver

Two come to mind. Hiking in Ushuaia, Argentina ( where The Revenant was filmed). Cold, rainy, muddy. Peat bogs and rocks.exhausting Wonderful!

And ANY tour in Ketchikan that includes the crab feed at George's Inlet Lodge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On our 2009 Baltics cruise we did the Vigeland sculpture park and the museum island (Viking, Kon-Tiki, Maritime Museum) on our own. If anyone is going to Oslo it is very easy to do with public transportation as long as you don't have mobility issues (since you are walking from one museum to another on the island).

We contemplated doing it on our own, but the time seemed so short, and it was a Sunday, so we were afraid of connections on public transportation. However...if given the chance again, I do it your way!