How On Earth Can You Book A Disney Cruise Cheap???

Cavecreektbear

My gosh!

I am shocked at how costly a Disney cruise is!

You could almost go on a 5 start liner insead!

Does anyone have any idea how to save on a Disney Cruise???

Not the small $25 creit or $50 credit..

That's too small..

I mean a real web site that offers discounts?

I'd like to take my 2 kid, but I am a single Mom and can't afford a 4500$ cruise for 7 nights, when you can do the same type of cruise on Carnival or something for about 2500...

So PLEASE PLEASE any help???

Thanks Terri

Hi Terri,

The way to get the best value on a Disney cruise is to book far in advance during the slow season.

For example, an inside stateroom for Falll 2006 is available at this time for a family of three @ a total of $2,395 on the Disney Magic 7-night cruise ($200 less if one of the children is under 12). That's a great deal for Disney!

You will not find fares like that during school vacations. Ever.

Janet

When are you going? You need to consider many different factors. DCL is not cheap, but we were able to do 3 of us for a 7 night cruise in a balcony room for less than your quote. Under $3,500. We went in January. You could look at the lower category cabins and save money there as well. There are some good TA's that specialize in DCL and can sometimes give great discounts, try disboards.com they can give you the names of the good ones.

Let me expand this question. I know that Disney’s parks offer good discounts for Florida residents, does the cruise line too?

If so, is it just during certain weeks? I actually heard that such a Florida resident discount existed and it made the cruise about 50% off.

I am looking for a 3 day Disney cruise. In the off season, I can pick up deals out of Florida on other cruise lines (like Carnival) for about $300. It has been my experience that Disney is ALWAYS more expensive than other cruise lines. Any exceptions?

I can be flexible in my booking a 3 day cruise if I can have substantial savings.

Florida resident rates are very limited. When offered, they are available only in the slow seasons and are a small discount from Disney's lowest fares.

Disney is pretty much always more than the other contemporary lines, but it is a unique product.

You can find the lowest fares on Disney's 3 night sailing if you go in the fall or January and book an inside, far in advance.

Hi Terri,

The way to get the best value on a Disney cruise is to book far in advance during the slow season.

For example, an inside stateroom for Falll 2006 is available at this time for a family of three @ a total of $2,395 on the Disney Magic 7-night cruise ($200 less if one of the children is under 12). That's a great deal for Disney!

You will not find fares like that during school vacations. Ever.

Janet

Janet,

That is a great deal...you wouldn't mind sharing where the Hidden Mickey deal is? ;) We are sailing in less than 2 weeks and plan to book while on board, but I would like to perform a little research on my own, beforehand.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Cindy

If you live in Florida they offer Florida residents specials in the off season.

If you are not a Florida Resident, they just look for the sail dates in their off season, which is usually August - mid December. Then January - February, sometimes in May before school gets out.

Shuttle-C,

I have heard of people using an address of a friend or relative who live in Florida to get the savings…not that I have tried this…but was wondering if people could easily get away with it, in order to receive the extra savings?

Would you have any idea on how much of a savings a person would receive who lives in Florida compared to a non-resident? I know it depends on the time a year a person cruises…just am trying to give an idea for those who are able to utilize this avenue.

I know Disney has reverted to the finger scanners to avoid lost, stolen or shared tickets into the park…(article here), so I am sure this idea would be easily frowned upon but there would be no way to solidly prove otherwise.

Thoughts?

Cindy

The Florida resident discount is not available very often. A few years ago, you could count on it being offered during the slow seasons but that just isn't the case any more.

Florida residents must provide evidence - driver's license, lease, etc. If you try to fake it and get caught, you will either pay the full fare at embarkation or be denied boarding. I don't recommend it.

Shuttle-C,

I have heard of people using an address of a friend or relative who live in Florida to get the savings…not that I have tried this…but was wondering if people could easily get away with it, in order to receive the extra savings?

Would you have any idea on how much of a savings a person would receive who lives in Florida compared to a non-resident? I know it depends on the time a year a person cruises…just am trying to give an idea for those who are able to utilize this avenue.

I know Disney has reverted to the finger scanners to avoid lost, stolen or shared tickets into the park…(article here), so I am sure this idea would be easily frowned upon but there would be no way to solidly prove otherwise.

Thoughts?

Cindy

No, there is no way you can use a Florida address - they check your drivers license We have gotten an outside cabin for a low as $350 (3 day) and 7 day as low as $550 - 650. The best thing to do is cheap when they have low season or book a category 12 (there aren't that many of them) on a guarantee and hope for an upgrade. If you want a balcony we paid $650 for a three day with a balcony. Without the Florida Resident Special it's not cheap, but the entertainment is the best on Disney. I don't think many other curise lines match their entertainment.

No, there is no way you can use a Florida address - they check your drivers license We have gotten an outside cabin for a low as $350 (3 day) and 7 day as low as $550 - 650. The best thing to do is cheap when they have low season or book a category 12 (there aren't that many of them) on a guarantee and hope for an upgrade. If you want a balcony we paid $650 for a three day with a balcony. Without the Florida Resident Special it's not cheap, but the entertainment is the best on Disney. I don't think many other curise lines match their entertainment.

I wasn't planning to try it, promise it! :) But I am sure people have those thoughts enter their brain...lol.

I read on the board that you really don't get extra savings by booking on board, but that was 1 post...what are yours or anyone’s thoughts?

Cindy

I just went on a Disney cruise. I paid $1447.40 for a 4 night cruise on Disney's Wonder. We had a category 10 secret porthole room 5520. We used Dreams Unlimited which is a Disboard sponsor. There were about $200 cheaper than DCL directly. We also booked about 15 months prior to the trip and got an early booking discount.

Hi Vossjemi,

I checked the Dreams Unlimited site out and compared it to a few dates we are interested in and indeed they had alot of great deals compared to the Disney site. I wanted to be prepared in case we book while on board. Like I said, I found a few sweet deals also on Dreams Unlimited.

How many people did you book? If all goes well, we may opt for a 4 day…as a 3 day, just not seem long enough!

C

CaptChris,

Do you mind giving more specifics? When did you book it? Which category and who did you book with? Great prces for a 7 night and 4 people!

Congrats!

Cindy

We booked a Category 10 on the 9/9/2006 sailing. I don't know if we are allowed to mention specific TA's on here, so if you want more info, send me a PM. It may take me a day to get back to you as I don't come on the cruisecritic boards too much.

MY TA came in a few hundred dollars lower than expedia for the same sailing with a higher category room!

• 2 weeks later...

We are holding space for the September 16th cruise…double dip…this is tentative and not a for sure thing yet, but I think our GD will be able to handle a 7 day, since she did so well on the 3 day. Her social circle was far greater than ours…lol.

The best price I found was thru Expedia, thus far. I also checked Southwest.com, Dreams Unlimited and Small World Vacations. I also emailed all 3 places to see if they could beat the price in order to get our business. We shall see. Thanks for the tidbit on Costco travel…I plan to research their fares as well! DCL was sooo much higher!

Check out mosuesavers.com for other tips and updated posts for savings. it is a great source for info!

CaptChris, I didn’t have your contact info in order to PM you…apologies.

C

Archived