Bon voyage cakes......

Elmo31

We will be celebrating hubby's birthday on the dream. I have never ordered a cake from bon voyage before. Are they worth it? Are they better tasting (flavorful) than what's served on lido deck? If you tried them which tastes better? Hubby's not picky. Thank you for your help

The cakes are very good - I think better than on the Lido. The problem we've always had is we were always too full to eat it by the time we got back to the cabin. It usually took us a few days to even get to it. Good thing for the fridge (minibar). :D

I have had their cakes and they are delicious!! I ordered one a couple of years ago for my wedding anniversary and this year my husband ordered one for my birthday. They are very light and flavorful. I ordered the vanilla with the strawberry filling. I'm not big on chocolate but I have tasted their chocolate cake and it is equally good. I say go for it.

Perhaps they have gotten better. We ordered one a few years ago on the Paradise and it was awful. The icing tasted like Crisco shortening with little to no sugar. It was dry. They kept trying to bring it back to our table every night after dinner, we kept refusing more. On the fourth night we had to tell them to throw it away.

Edited by dioxide45

We order the smallest Chocolate/chocolate frosting on every cruise. They will bring it each night til it is gone. They taste wonderful.

But if you like carrot cake go to the coffee shop that has cakes and get a piece there. It is something like $2.50 and it is big enough for 2 or 3 people. This is something we do once a cruise also in the afternoon. YUMMY

Why order a whole cake when you can purchase a slice on board? There is a wide choice of layer cakes sold by the slice along with chocolate covered strawberries. A whole cake is way too much with all the food available on board. This way you can get to sample more choices.:):D

MARAPRINCE

You can order the cake and check the box to have it delivered to the dining room on his birthday nite. They'll sing and you can take a nice photo of your husband with the cake! That's what we did for our anniversary and it was chocolate with creamy mousse filling, we munched on it for a couple of days.