Late Departure Cruises

This was several years back- but we got on and off several times from around lunchtime to late afternoon. We went back in the terminal after unpacking and bought screwtop wine in the store inside the terminal. It was pretty bad.

Sailing in the evening from San Juan is beautiful. It is fun to see the other cruise ships (if there are any that day) all lit up and the Fort as you sail away is nice.

That's been another change over the years that I don't hear mentioned often. Early on in our cruising years there used to be more late night departures for port. We have many memories of leaving Cozumel in the evening with all the lights. Same with St Thomas. I think you'll like the night departure- a different energy!

We sailed on the Valor out of san juan in 2013. Boarding began around noon and yes you can then leave the ship to explore. I can't remember what time you had to be back on board, but it is mid evening. They will of course still have to do muster before sail away.

I really miss sailing out of st thomas after dark. The harbour was absolutely beautiful at night.

So we leave on Liberty out of San Juan Dec 20th. I've never left out of San Juan or for such a late departure (10pm).

How does this work? What time do we need to check in by? Once we check in, can we get off the ship and back on before a certain time?

we are on the cruise the week before you so I won't be able to share any info. We have plenty of time to read reviews.

My wife and I just got back from a cruise on the Liberty. Yes you can leave once you check in. I believe you need to be back on board by 9pm. ship sails at 10pm. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me.

Bob

Interesting. This whole "different than my usual port" and late departure are making me feel like a cruise noob lol.

Thanks so much.

Oh one more thing, I also read in somebody's review(leaving out of San juan) that their mom wanted a bottle of vodka and she was able to purchase it in the cruise terminal (since there's all the liquor stores in there). This sounded strange to me. Is that possible? I know about the bottle of wine pp of course