Breakaway inside question

clarkg

Not on the Breakaway, but on the Getaway which is pretty much the same. The insides are small but plenty of room and storage for 1 or 2 people. Last year my daughter was with me. This year I'm sailing solo in the exact same cabin.

Has anyone stayed in an inside on the Breakaway? I am looking at the deck plans and they look on the small side.

We stayed in an inside. They are very small, much smaller than RC and there are no drawers, only a closet with some side shelves but only one or two of the shelves are deep the others are shallow. There is a shelf above the clothes bar which is long and deep. Also no chair, just a cube to sit on that is hollow so you have some storage there. Also no desk, just a counter space but there are some shelves in the bathroom. Sailed with DH so it wasn't too much of a problem for storage but with the beds together very little room on either side and the side that has the counter space sticking out can get tricky if you get up in the middle of the night so you have to be careful. Have an inside booked again to sail with a friend and with the beds apart should be more comfortable with a walkway down the middle but I am worried about storage. Plan to use a small suitcase that I will store under the bed as a drawer.

Not on the Breakaway, but on the Getaway which is pretty much the same. The insides are small but plenty of room and storage for 1 or 2 people. Last year my daughter was with me. This year I'm sailing solo in the exact same cabin.

Good to know. We have two connecting inside cabins booked for July on the BA, two people staying in each cabin. Should work out fine.

There is less storage on the ba versus the gem insides

However don't let that stop you because the ba is an incredible ship and if you want to sail her... Do it!!!

Fwiw I have numerous cruises under my belt on many lines......

And I will now only book the cheapest category on any ship because the service is the same ( no interest in haven/penthouse.s tuff anyway) and we Don't need a balcony

We had a great inside guarantee triple on the ba last January

And an assigned inside for the gem for next January

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is less storage on the ba versus the gem insides

However don't let that stop you because the ba is an incredible ship and if you want to sail her... Do it!!!

Fwiw I have numerous cruises under my belt on many lines......

And I will now only book the cheapest category on any ship because the service is the same ( no interest in haven/penthouse.s tuff anyway) and we Don't need a balcony

We had a great inside guarantee triple on the ba last January

And an assigned inside for the gem for next January

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do the exact same thing. I always tell my TA to find us the least expensive connecting cabins for the 4 of us. DH and I tried cruising this way with the kids a few years back, as it wasn't that much more than having all 4 of us in one inside cabin, and it was totally worth it. We need the space. I don't need a balcony either, we aren't in the room much at all. Only to sleep and change, and I'm not doing either of those things on a balcony! We also don't see the need (for us) for the Haven or suite perks and just can't justify the cost for us. Cruising has always been a relaxing experience for us, no matter where the cabins are. Of course it does help that DH and I buy the spa pass for the week! ;)

Our first sailing on the BA was inside, deck 13 AFT and great for 2 people. Plenty of open shelves, just use packing cubes that we use for air travel to keep it organized, and huge storage for suitcases under the bed, bathroom size is good n same as balcony, true with storage cube also used for OV and balconies. Plus you saved $$ to spend on other things. There are pictures in our 2014 review linked below under SIGnature.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Our first sailing on the BA was inside, deck 13 AFT and great for 2 people. Plenty of open shelves, just use packing cubes that we use for air travel to keep it organized, and huge storage for suitcases under the bed, bathroom size is good n same as balcony, true with storage cube also used for OV and balconies. Plus you saved $$ to spend on other things. There are pictures in our 2014 review linked below under SIGnature.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Mking8288,

Love your reviews and comments on cc, especially some of the humor one. Anyway, trying to find photo/video of inside stateroom arrangement for 4 people but cannot seems to find it?

Mking8288,

Love your reviews and comments on cc, especially some of the humor one. Anyway, trying to find photo/video of inside stateroom arrangement for 4 people but cannot seems to find it?

Thanks, life is just too short & fragil to be so serious all the time, half of the problems here on cc are really first world problem and it's sad to read some of these virtual riots (vs. watching the events in Baltimore in the past week)

These pictures are from our BA inside for 3 people #13655 last year, the same basic layout for 4 people except there's a 4th. bed (drop down from the wall) on the opposite side of the wall - we passed by one near us while the Steward was cleaning.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_142703.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_143253.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_143304.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_143354.jpg

It would still be very tight with 2 sets of bunk beds if the bottom ones are split apart, but still livable and very cozy. Just DW & I so it was fine for us last March, and, we had more space/room and a sofa this March on the BA again with the regular & tiny balcony, but, hardly spend more than a few hours outside anyway - it was a free upgrade from an OV-GTY to BD category, totally unexpected at 20+ days out when assigned.

This picture is from our OV porthole on the GEM in 2012, it was an (free) upgrade from obstructed OV - GTY, and it's for 4 people - bed #3 is a pullman off the wall that swing down.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Gem%202012%20Photos/SDC10363.JPG

Difference is that for the 4th. passenger, a trestle/riser bed is stored under the main beds & raised - since the older Dawn/Jewel class ships are bigger. Some of the cabins/ships have beds on both walls - I just don't remember off hand. Whenever extended families & friends are sailing with us, we tried to sail with no more than 3 adults per cabin while shopping for deals - the bathroom wait is often an issue for the ladies. ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Gem%202012%20Photos/SDC10497.JPG

Do you have a specific ship in mind with the INSIDE for 4 - other than these 2, I will see if I track it down or please feel free to ask? Aside from humor, I do try to be helpful all the time for the average cruiser - nothing personal against someone sailing in the GV or Haven penthouse suite. We have a very nice air-and-land vacation for 12 nights coming up this Fall abroad, far less than these AI with 3 daily meals included - not having to deal with the nonsense fees again anytime soon - voting our "protest" with the digital ballet, better known as the credit card. We still got one sailing booked/reserved ahead so we will see, one of our niece's family is sailing this Saturday on the Getaway and she isn't laughing at this moment as they are traveling with a 3 and 6 years old, thankfully in a balcony.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the comments. I love the idea of the Waterfront on the Breakaway. I love to do cheap cruises and the wife and I are Platinum on NCL. I love looking out on the sea.

I was worried that we would be too cramped on the Breakaway if we went to and inside.

Thanks, life is just too short & fragil to be so serious all the time, half of the problems here on cc are really first world problem and it's sad to read some of these virtual riots (vs. watching the events in Baltimore in the past week)

These pictures are from our BA inside for 3 people #13655 last year, the same basic layout for 4 people except there's a 4th. bed (drop down from the wall) on the opposite side of the wall - we passed by one near us while the Steward was cleaning.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_142703.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_143253.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_143304.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_143354.jpg

It would still be very tight with 2 sets of bunk beds if the bottom ones are split apart, but still livable and very cozy. Just DW & I so it was fine for us last March, and, we had more space/room and a sofa this March on the BA again with the regular & tiny balcony, but, hardly spend more than a few hours outside anyway - it was a free upgrade from an OV-GTY to BD category, totally unexpected at 20+ days out when assigned.

This picture is from our OV porthole on the GEM in 2012, it was an (free) upgrade from obstructed OV - GTY, and it's for 4 people - bed #3 is a pullman off the wall that swing down.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Gem%202012%20Photos/SDC10363.JPG

Difference is that for the 4th. passenger, a trestle/riser bed is stored under the main beds & raised - since the older Dawn/Jewel class ships are bigger. Some of the cabins/ships have beds on both walls - I just don't remember off hand. Whenever extended families & friends are sailing with us, we tried to sail with no more than 3 adults per cabin while shopping for deals - the bathroom wait is often an issue for the ladies. ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Gem%202012%20Photos/SDC10497.JPG

Do you have a specific ship in mind with the INSIDE for 4 - other than these 2, I will see if I track it down or please feel free to ask? Aside from humor, I do try to be helpful all the time for the average cruiser - nothing personal against someone sailing in the GV or Haven penthouse suite. We have a very nice air-and-land vacation for 12 nights coming up this Fall abroad, far less than these AI with 3 daily meals included - not having to deal with the nonsense fees again anytime soon - voting our "protest" with the digital ballet, better known as the credit card. We still got one sailing booked/reserved ahead so we will see, one of our niece's family is sailing this Saturday on the Getaway and she isn't laughing at this moment as they are traveling with a 3 and 6 years old, thankfully in a balcony.

Thanks for the pics mking8288,

Was looking at the BA and it's too tight (bed layout) for 4 INSIDE.

Back to the drawing board.