5 April West Caribean Review - Not Impressed

casique

That's a bummer. It stinks that you look so forward to a cruise then it turns out terrible. We are lucky becasue we've never had a bad cruise. And yes we've had issues but never a bad cruise. Just lucky I guess or maybe just our attitude going in too, who knows.

Good luck with your next cruise line.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198249

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2198249

I posted the link above to my review of the same cruise so you can see another perspective. I had a great time and thought the food had improved overall. I thought the coffee in the MDR was really good. Coffee drinks at Café al Bacio were hit or miss. As always, the experience can be different for everyone!

Not impressed either, just returned from Constellation TA and found many of the same issues, in Bistro on Five the food was not up to snuff, creeps cold after waiting twenty minutes for them, at Cafe Al Bacio another long wait and again cold cappuccino and when I asked for another was told no. Could not get desired dining time at main dining room so we gave up on that. Oceanview grill was a zoo and many of the food items were lukewarm. My biggest issue on this cruise was the rudeness of the passengers and lack of manners. I saw a woman with runners dip her shoe in the Thalassotherapy pool and then walk away, some eating as they were walking and licking their fingers, woman with dog in baby buggy in the Oceanview, drunks yelling at the back of the theatre during the Beatles show. Would not sail on the Constellation again, actually we could not believe it was the same cruise line and the cheesy cruise director and TopChef over and over on a 13 day cruise,would not sail onConstellation again.

Wow...

we were on Connie in Jan for a short cruise....we.loved Bistro, Cafe al Baccio...good service .even liked the buffet the few times we were there... same ship diff reaction

Actually as the cruise went on we kind of waited for the next situation to emerge. Not what I was anticipating and also it seemed on every occasion that we sat in the Refections lounge we were approached to try the Tuscan Grill and the price kept going down as the cruise wound down. I found it funny but my husband was not happy and kept saying no but the crew member had a hard time accepting that. Personally I would have tried it just to shut him up but my husband is Scottish....

Because to some, it is. I also happen to find it annoying when they don't clean the balcony glass. Like the op said, if you don't agree, just move on.

I meant that it shouldn't be an issue, as in if you see dirty balcony glass when you enter your cabin, you call your cabin steward or hotel director and tell them you want it cleaned.

It gets cleaned, and then it isn't an issue.

I was actually responding to the person who stated that they cleaned it themselves....LOL

I am paying for a balcony cabin, I expect the glass on my balcony doors and my balcony to be clean.

The Veranda glass was clean when we arrived, did ask, but never happened. This was an issue to me, just my opinion. If not an issue to you move on.

Bistro on 5 had burgers, not bad but made me sick.

This was on the Silhouette.

We all had nasty food at the MDR, and did not go back. We heard similar complaints from other cruisers. Not there to sample bad food, we just went somewhere else.

IF it makes you feel any better, my verandah glass spontaneously imploded at 1 in the morning one night and we were on the hump over a heavily trafficked deck below. I shall quote the kid with the walkie talkie. "Ahhhhh, how I explain? It's bad, very very bad." LOL Sooooo, yours was dirty, but intact and you didn't have 3 crew members and an officer awkwardly apologizing while parading in and out of your room.

The glass is half full.

There was a very short older woman wearing a swimsuit and a winter parka yelling" There's no chocolate cake"chocolate cake!" My husband just about dropped his lunch. See what I mean, 13days of it.....

But see, now if I witnessed this, it would have made my vacation. :D A swimsuit and a parka going on about where's the chocolate cake? Hilarious.

IF it makes you feel any better, my verandah glass spontaneously imploded at 1 in the morning one night and we were on the hump over a heavily trafficked deck below. I shall quote the kid with the walkie talkie. "Ahhhhh, how I explain? It's bad, very very bad." LOL Sooooo, yours was dirty, but intact and you didn't have 3 crew members and an officer awkwardly apologizing while parading in and out of your room.

The glass is half full.

Omg lol!

There was a very short older woman wearing a swimsuit and a winter parka yelling" There's no chocolate cake"chocolate cake!" My husband just about dropped his lunch. See what I mean, 13days of it.....

We had an older lady at n one cruise in full spa regalia including a bathing cap asking if this was the way to the spa... We were going n the Sky Lounge!

But see, now if I witnessed this, it would have made my vacation. :D A swimsuit and a parka going on about where's the chocolate cake? Hilarious.

Ditto!

PurpleTequila - I hope our paths cross onboard one day! :D