Sockeye Cycle - Skagway

taliho621

We are heading north on the NCL Pearl, and we have decided that we are going to do the White Pass RR/downhill bike for our excursion in Skagway. Since the difference in price between direct booking with Sockeye and booking through Norwegian is only $10 per person, we will probably book through the cruise. I almost always book excursions directly with the operator, but I figure $10 is a cheap insurance policy in the event of a late ship, missed port, etc.

So my question is whether anyone can confirm that Norwegian will use Sockeye Cycle for this excursion. I have done some research here and found that Celebrity uses them, but I just want to be sure, since they have such great reviews here and on Tripadvisor. Being stuck on a 1.5 hour bike ride with inexperienced and/or incompetent guides does not strike me as very appealing.

(And yes, I know the tour is not for everybody, and that it does involve riding on the shoulder of a main road.)

As always, thanks in advance for all if your help.

We are heading north on the NCL Pearl, and we have decided that we are going to do the White Pass RR/downhill bike for our excursion in Skagway. Since the difference in price between direct booking with Sockeye and booking through Norwegian is only $10 per person, we will probably book through the cruise. I almost always book excursions directly with the operator, but I figure $10 is a cheap insurance policy in the event of a late ship, missed port, etc.

So my question is whether anyone can confirm that Norwegian will use Sockeye Cycle for this excursion. I have done some research here and found that Celebrity uses them, but I just want to be sure, since they have such great reviews here and on Tripadvisor. Being stuck on a 1.5 hour bike ride with inexperienced and/or incompetent guides does not strike me as very appealing.

(And yes, I know the tour is not for everybody, and that it does involve riding on the shoulder of a main road.)

Yes, Sockeye does ship contract. To verify this, all you have to do is call them direct. Their workers are seasonal.

I did this tour last year through NCL Pearl and it was with Sockeye. Loved this tour.