Horseshoe Bay

mompus

Cost effective. Take the #7 bus to the beach or the lighthouse, but the Lighthouse is another 10 minute walk or so uphill from the bus stop. Taxi would be fastest (and get you right up to the lighthouse) but would be more expensive, I guess around $25 or so one-way. However the fare is the same for up to four people so if you have four in the cab it isn't that much more expensive than four bus tokens.

Horseshoe Bay is fairly close by so if there are only two of you ask other couples if they would like to split the fare from Hamilton. I'm sure you could find someone. Then you could contine on to the Lighthouse if you wished.

If you visit Horseshoe Bay first I'd take a taxi to the Lighthouse, it would only be about $8 or $9 from the beach, and save you having to walk up both the hill to the Lighthouse and the hill from the beach to the bus stop.

If you visit Horseshoe Bay first I'd take a taxi to the Lighthouse, it would only be about $8 or $9 from the beach, and save you having to walk up both the hill to the Lighthouse and the hill from the beach to the bus stop.

We did this last year. Three of us went to HB, then at tea time took a taxi to the lighthouse and it worked very well.

Once you get to 3-4 people, the taxi fare is competitive. We were there in August and the cab fare was $17. Also, it only takes about 15-20 minutes. Finally, if you take the bus, there is a big hill that you have to climb to get back to the bus. Oh yeah, and you always get a seat in the cab.

Archived