Mayflower Cruise Terminal

Londongirl8

Our first cruise, going to the ffjords on the Azura. How far is the walk from a taxi dropping us with our luggage at the Terminal onto the Ship. Is it loads of walking like at airports , is there lots of queuing to check in. I can walk, but not the distances like you have at airports, and have trouble standing in a queue. I can use the assisted boarding but don't want to do that if its just a very short distance.

Hi nothing like an airport. Your taxi will drop you near the terminal and porters will immediately relieve you of your heavy luggage. It should then be a short walk into terminal. You may have to wait to book in but seating usually available. You will find the walk from customs when boarding Azura longer, up to 300 yards or so. (N.B. Comments based on Ocean Terminal, Mayflower should be similar though). Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The "new" Mayflower terminal opened last weekend (25th) and it would be really good if someone who has checked in to it in the last few days could post their experiences.

The previous Mayflower experience ie before the revamp, was pretty dire IMHO! Hopefully the new one is much better.

I am sailing from Mayflower Terminal on Saturday on a 4 night break. If it helps I can comment on the changes since I last sailed from there. I know they were knocking a lot of walls down and making a large arrival area with seating.

As I don't know when you go please Let me know if you need me to write something when I return.

I am sailing from Mayflower Terminal on Saturday on a 4 night break. If it helps I can comment on the changes since I last sailed from there. I know they were knocking a lot of walls down and making a large arrival area with seating.

As I don't know when you go please Let me know if you need me to write something when I return.

I go next Friday (8th) so if you can let us know that would be great! I haven't actually been from that terminal for a few years now, but I do know the last time was a bit of a nightmare - long queues and nowhere to situ.

I didn't realise there was a new terminal when I posted the original question about distance to walk onto the ship and queuing. That's a bit concerning there was nowhere to sit in the old one and a lot a queuing. Will definitely to good to hear from someone traveling through, all about it. I need to know how far roughly the walk is from dropping luggage onto the ship, and also the queuing and somewhere to sit if you do have to wait. I don't want to bother with assisted boarding if its only a short distance.

I have the same problem. Can't walk too far or stand for long periods. I've found my walking seat invaluable. You do have to be careful to get the legs stable on uneven ground and need to wear trousers as you straddle the seat.

Wonderful for queues and excursions where there is a lot of standing around while the guide gives information.

http://www.completecareshop.co.uk/walking-sticks/walking-stick-seats/

Can't help with information on the Mayfair terminal.

Hi Londongirl,

I'll let you know on my return, we get back on Wednesday 6th May. If I get chance on Saturday before we sail and I have a signal I'll post something then.

I know there is a lift that takes 46 people at a time. I'm sure there will be reports coming from the ones who get back on Saturday on Ventura as they sailed in and out of Mayflower.

I didn't realise there was a new terminal when I posted the original question about distance to walk onto the ship and queuing. That's a bit concerning there was nowhere to sit in the old one and a lot a queuing. Will definitely to good to hear from someone traveling through, all about it. I need to know how far roughly the walk is from dropping luggage onto the ship, and also the queuing and somewhere to sit if you do have to wait. I don't want to bother with assisted boarding if its only a short distance.

Hope this photo works, it's from a mails hot this morning from P&O. Note the same doorway in. I can see seats on the left.

image.jpg.3ad79d54a604a1aebc564f542261722f.jpg

Hi everyone,

We are now on Ventura. Check in was much better than before. We came into the building, handed our illness forms. Went up slope given a letter of the alphabet told to sit down. When letter called go to check in. Sent to security through very quickly straight on to ship took about an hour. There were some seats before the slope. It wasn't long a walk as it was broken up, however if you didn't need to wait it could be a long walk. But seating is available.

I don't know if that helps I hope it will.

June

The "new" Mayflower terminal opened last weekend (25th) and it would be really good if someone who has checked in to it in the last few days could post their experiences.

The previous Mayflower experience ie before the revamp, was pretty dire IMHO! Hopefully the new one is much better.

was at the mayflower last week, drop off is literally meters to walk from the terminal entrance, but like people say they take the luggage off you anyway so you'll only have hand luggage to carry.

We arrived at approx 2pm and it took two hours before we were checked in and getting onto Ventura. They give you a letter card and every quarter of an hour or so they called the letters in alphabetical order and those people with that letter would go to check in. We arrived when they were still calling the end of the red cards so it took them two hours to get from R (red cards) to L (blue cards) which was our letter.

My dad was having his car parked by CPS and apart from being nearly taken out by one of their vans crossing the access road to get to the car park that was plain sailing; didn't take him long to collect the car and he came back to pick us up with the luggage.

There was seating but unfortunately at the time we arrived there was no seating available, so we sat on the window sill for a while until more seats got clear as passengers were called on.

Edited by Wiz201