Britannia aft suite

Victoria '82

Have just booked an aft suite on Britannia for next year on D deck and wondered if anyone can advise me of the size of the balcony. I know it wraps around to the side of the ship so the side part will be the same as a normal cabin balcony, but wondered if the stern part of the balcony and the corner part was much wider!

I have tried to gauge it from the deck plans and available pics but without much success.

Any pics of D deck suite balconies would also be welcome.

Many thanks folks.

Have just booked an aft suite on Britannia for next year on D deck and wondered if anyone can advise me of the size of the balcony. I know it wraps around to the side of the ship so the side part will be the same as a normal cabin balcony' date=' but wondered if the stern part of the balcony and the corner part was much wider!

I have tried to gauge it from the deck plans and available pics but without much success.

Any pics of D deck suite balconies would also be welcome.

Many thanks folks.[/quote']

I have an aft suite booked on Britannia sailing on 23rd May {C736} & have got D748 booked for 2016; like you I'm interested to know the size of the balcony.

I'm on Britannia on Saturday for a ship visit so I'm hoping, with the aid of my zoom lens (depending on which way the Captain decides to park :)) to get some pictures of the aft cabins, which I will duly share on here.

Joan

Joan - first of all enjoy your visit. But would you see if your zoom takes in the portside corner aft suite on F deck too please?

Hi Gill,

No problem, will do, as that's the same side as my suite :)

My intention is to try and get lots of pictures of the aft of Britannia, depending on which way she's docked.

I was thinking about you & staying at the Grand Harbour last night.

Are you the very kind lady who popped to reception & investigated the balcony rooms for me in back in 2009?

Joan

Hi Gill,

No problem, will do, as that's the same side as my suite :)

My intention is to try and get lots of pictures of the aft of Britannia, depending on which way she's docked.

I was thinking about you & staying at the Grand Harbour last night.

Are you the very kind lady who popped to reception & investigated the balcony rooms for me in back in 2009?

Joan

I don't think so - though I have had a few of those balcony rooms at the Grand Harbour. Not this time though, just a bog standard room as prices were ridiculous.

Big Foot

If you are can, dont worry if you cant, could you take some pics of the Single Inside cabins - ideally L203 on the Lido Deck please, room and bathroom - Thank you in advance x

Cruisefan2012

Edited by cruisefan2012

Oh I'm so pleased to read this, I've got aft suite D739 booked and really want to some feedback on the size of balcony.

From deck plans the balcony looks narrower than some of the other decks but I checked out out what I thought was the equivalent on Royal Princess and from photos it looks quite large (if I'm correct it's Baja deck on Royal?) Eagerly awaiting your pics :-D

Big Foot

If you are can, dont worry if you cant, could you take some pics of the Single Inside cabins - ideally L203 on the Lido Deck please, room and bathroom - Thank you in advance x

Cruisefan2012

Hi Cruisefan2012,

I will see what I can do for you, however on these tours / visits you are lead around the ship by a guide in a group.

My understanding (& hope) is that we will get to see a selection of cabins so fingers crossed we may get to see a single cabin, however, it could be an inside or outside or not at all :(

However, I will make a note of the cabin number & you never know.

I will report back in due course.

Joan

Oh I'm so pleased to read this, I've got aft suite D739 booked and really want to some feedback on the size of balcony.

From deck plans the balcony looks narrower than some of the other decks but I checked out out what I thought was the equivalent on Royal Princess and from photos it looks quite large (if I'm correct it's Baja deck on Royal?) Eagerly awaiting your pics :-D

I do like to take the odd picture or two :rolleyes: so if everyone can can a word with the Captain to make sure he docks the right way round for me I should be able to get lots of aft shots.

I will endeavour to report back (with photos) over the weekend.

I'm off to see if I can find the pictures of Baja Deck on RP for comparison.

Joan

Looking forward to your pics Joan. We were alongside the Royal P in Barbados earlier this year and her decks have some different configurations i.e. midships she has a 'bulge' from A to G deck which provides about 10 cabins on each deck a much bigger balcony. Also from what I could see, the stern suites on seemed to be larger. As I said, look forward to the pics.

I do like to take the odd picture or two :rolleyes: so if everyone can can a word with the Captain to make sure he docks the right way round for me I should be able to get lots of aft shots.

I will endeavour to report back (with photos) over the weekend.

I'm off to see if I can find the pictures of Baja Deck on RP for comparison.

Joan

Thanks Joan, I hope the Captain will oblige :-D enjoy your weekend :-D