Port Canaveral, noon flight out of Orlando Intl, risky?

Port Canaveral, noon flight out of Orlando Intl, is it too risky?

I am using the Carnival shuttle. We use self debarkation and are off the ship as early as possible. I understand weather and delays happen. But, in normal circumstances is a noon flight possible using the Carnival shuttle service? Any personal experiences would be great.

This is my 10th cruise, but first out of Orlando.

Thanks!

Matt & Aubry

Edited by MinnesotaCruiser423

I've sailed out of Port Canaveral many times and flown in/out Orlando with about every possible flight time on the books. All things being normal and barring any delays, if you are off the ship early as you stated, you should have no problem making your flight time. I generally look for anything after 11:00 AM for my return.

Happy Sails! :)

I would like to suggest you use another service rather than the Carnival shuttle as they usually have large busses and wait until they are filled before leaving for the airport. They also stop at the various airlines etc.

We have had family use Travelynx shuttles and they use vans and aren't waiting around for long periods. There are other services too and the majority of them are less expensive than the Carnival one.

Either way you should have no problem with a noon flight if there are no delays at the port. We normally get luggage tags with number 1 on them and live about an hour from the port. Even going to get our car and then driving home, we are home by 9AM.

Enjoy your trip.

I with others barring any delays in getting back to port and assuming you do self assist debarkation getting to the airport by your flight time is doable.

However, I agree that a shuttle isn't your fastest option. I always rent a car from Budget. They pick me up as soon as I'm off the ship (which is usually around 7:30ish. Take me to their office and I'm on the road to the airport by 8:15.

I usually get to the airport with enough time to check in and have a nice breakfast. It's only a 45 minute drive.

I found this information on Carnivals website when I was researching transportation options for when we return to Port Canaveral:

What are the flight guidelines for the latest airport arrivals and earliest return flights?

LATEST FLIGHT ARRIVAL:

Arrivals into Orlando International Airport: 1:30pm

Arrivals into Melbourne Airport: 2:00pm

EARLIEST FLIGHT DEPARTURE:

Earliest departures out of Orlando International Airport: 12:50pm

Earliest departures out of Melbourne Airport: 12:00pm

I don't think you should have any issue. If you run into weather. That's another thing. I think you can self disembark and be at the airport 8-9 am. Depending on transportation. Im usually back at my parents around the corner asleep by 7 am when we have cruised out of pc and we have done several. It's an easy port and the airport is 45 mins Away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made an 11:55am flight using the cruiseline transfer bus with no issues. We arrived at the airport a few minutes before 10am. Renting a car would seem to add extra time involved IMO.

Given no delays you should be able to make that flight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I agree with the bus (carnival bus) concern it want leave until it is full. We have done the PC to Orlando and out 2-3 times and always used a private service. Google or search for private shuttles from PC to airport in Orlando.. I found many and most if you ask on hear people will give you a reference. It might be a tad more but peace of mind is worth a lot. Enjoy your cruise, we did it both ways and they picked us up and was there to deliver us back to airport.

Noon may work, but it may be a bit tight.

I used the Carnival transport in Miami. We waited almost 30 minutes at the port to fill up the bus. We had to wait for a place for the bus to park at the airport for another 20 minutes. Then we waited on the bus for another 20 or so minutes for the driver to unload all of the luggage by himself.

The Orlando airport is huge. Security can often be lengthy, as well as the lines at the ticket counter.

Noon may work, but if you can get something a little later, may be a good idea.

Before our cruise last May, I would have told you I didn't think there would be a problem. However, our ship was selected by customs that day to check out several passengers before we could be let off ship. We even had one person in our group selected to be checked out more thoroughly by customs. We were told Carnival was given a random list of names. That process delayed debarkation. We didn't exit the ship until 10:15. We normally are off the ship by 9:00 AM and sometimes earlier. By the time we gathered our luggage and went through normal customs, it was 10:45. Carnival said they have no control over the debarkation process in these situations. The odds of this happening to you are probably very slim.

we fly into MCO often. Weekends in the 9 am - 11 am span produce longest waits for us, often in 45 minute range.:rolleyes: We do not have pre-check and while one of us often gets SWA's bonus free pass for business, the other still has to go thru the regular line.

if the price is right we prefer to book the last flight out and have relatively short waits. Often we will rent a car when we arrive and park in the port garage. Once we disembark we scoot into Orlando, enjoy one of the parks then back to airport for last flight out.

Not for everybody, but it suits my type A personality to be able to walk across the street & go. There are many codes for rental cars or priceline options, rates fluxuate wildly, need to be diligent. There is also offsite parking or it can be included at a few of the hotels in Cocoa Beach but a shuttle would be involved. Rarely does it cost me more than $200 for rental and parking. I look at it as cost of another excursion.

airport TSA wait time estimator tool:

http://www.orlandosentinel2.com/data/travel/news/airport/

TSA has their own, supposed to be 'real time':

http://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/wait_times_home.aspx