Royal cancelled our cruise - advice needed

Hi

We had a b2b cruise on Explorer booked for April 2016 for Australia/NZ, I found out on here first that it had been cancelled and then had an email from my TA saying the ship has been chartered, Royal have offered earlier dates but these are no use to us, we booked these cruises months ago when the BOGOHO offer came out and got a great, great price and this was to be a 'big' birthday cruise so to say we are disapointed is an understatement. Anyway, can anyone who has had this happen to them tell me the best way to salvage something out of this if we cannot travel on the dates RCI offer, they also offered $200 per cabin OBC for those dates too.

Hello, the Voyager does not go over to NZ which is what we had wanted to do, just waiting on the TA to come back and let us know what our options are.

Pretty P... Pour on RCIs behalf the only NZ cruise I can see from Sydney or Melbourne is on Princess (Golden or Dawn} bit pricey though

Hope it works out for you

Hi

We had a b2b cruise on Explorer booked for April 2016 for Australia/NZ, I found out on here first that it had been cancelled and then had an email from my TA saying the ship has been chartered, Royal have offered earlier dates but these are no use to us, we booked these cruises months ago when the BOGOHO offer came out and got a great, great price and this was to be a 'big' birthday cruise so to say we are disapointed is an understatement. Anyway, can anyone who has had this happen to them tell me the best way to salvage something out of this if we cannot travel on the dates RCI offer, they also offered $200 per cabin OBC for those dates too.

Other than offering you a few price protected cruises (that don't work for you) and the OBC that can be used on any sailing they won't offer anything. Our cruise next March was originally chartered but luckily they offered a date that worked for us.

You are doing a B2B so your options are limited. You could ask if they would apply the OBC to the sailing that you still have left. Of you came up with alternative dates you could ask them if they would honour the same prices for those dates but even if they agreed they would likely honour the pricing on only one of the dates and not on both halves of a B2B.

I feel that while their policies regarding being bumped from a cruise are not bad if it's one cruise but they certainly do nothing for those that had B2B's booked.

Celebrity Solstice and Radiance of the Seas both do a great Sydney to Honolulu itinerary in April. I've done this cruise twice (reverse itinerary) and I can recommend it. Not the Aus/NZ cruise you planned (although a couple of ports in NZ) but still a great cruise.

Other than offering you a few price protected cruises (that don't work for you) and the OBC that can be used on any sailing they won't offer anything. Our cruise next March was originally chartered but luckily they offered a date that worked for us.

You are doing a B2B so your options are limited. You could ask if they would apply the OBC to the sailing that you still have left. Of you came up with alternative dates you could ask them if they would honour the same prices for those dates but even if they agreed they would likely honour the pricing on only one of the dates and not on both halves of a B2B.

I feel that while their policies regarding being bumped from a cruise are not bad if it's one cruise but they certainly do nothing for those that had B2B's booked.

I agree to ask for OBC to be applied to the section of cruise not cancelled. We were booked on the same cruise as Ken. We had issues as the cabin we booked was not available on any of the other cruises they offered us and the alternatives dates for the same cruise didn't work so we switched ships and itineraries.

We had a cruise for November booked as well as the cancelled cruise and asked if they could flip them so we still had both the cruises we wanted and they would only guarantee the price protection on one of them, so that wasn't going to work::rolleyes:

They did offer to put the obc on any cruise we wanted but the price guarantee was only for the cruises they offered.

I am wondering IF it is worth having obc transferred to the still standing cruise and seeing if there is another cruise, even if it another cruise line that offers the sailing you want that you can tag onto it to still try and make a b2b even if it is on two ships? Not ideal switching ships, but may help salvage some of your plans.