Just had a call from the upgrade fairy :)

spideygirl

Only joking of course, wobbleybob. Just wish we knew!!! She seems to be quite fair these days and sometimes very generous - and also comes along just when you have given up.

Good luck.

WOW! how fantastic for you! We are going on Arcadia on 28th June. Its our 30th wedding anniversary on 29th and we are a couple in our mid 50's and this is our 3rd P and O cruise. We have booked a balcony cabin on deck C but would jump at the chance of a suite for our special holiday! Wonder what we are doing wrong?!?!?!

WOW! how fantastic for you! We are going on Arcadia on 28th June. Its our 30th wedding anniversary on 29th and we are a couple in our mid 50's and this is our 3rd P and O cruise. We have booked a balcony cabin on deck C but would jump at the chance of a suite for our special holiday! Wonder what we are doing wrong?!?!?!

Nothing.

We are going on our 5th P & O cruise in July. Not a sniff of an upgrade. We book select, we book early, often we celebrate a birthday or anniversary (or nearly) on board, pay more than others, get less OBC than if we had booked later, but still absolutely nothing. I reckon its like the lottery ...but at least we have a ticket....:mad:

Wonder what a FOI request would throw up....?:confused:

Just had a call from a lovely lady offering us an upgrade from balcony to full suite :). Only £150 each :):):):). Always wanted a suite can't believe it. Now do i keep it a surprise for my hubby?

I've ignored 2 phone calls from a London number the last two days I wonder if I've shot myself in the foot?:eek:

I've ignored 2 phone calls from a London number the last two days I wonder if I've shot myself in the foot?:eek:

When p & o phoned us about our delayed departure on Azura in May the number was " withheld" - I don't usually answer those but for some spooky reason I did on that occasion!

So probably not.....is the answer to your question.:D

When p & o phoned us about our delayed departure on Azura in May the number was " withheld" - I don't usually answer those but for some spooky reason I did on that occasion!

So probably not.....is the answer to your question.:D

Thanks for that I've learned every time you look at there online site at a cruise even though you say you do not want contacted by phone they still do and try to give you the hard sell even though your only looking.

Would be a waste of time them phoning me with a withheld number as i don't answer them ever.:(

its not just couples - we as a family of 4 got a call with an upgrade to family suite on Azura - cost £400

worth it for the breakfast in XVII alone (well nearly)

we booked almost last minute and through Thomas Cook, originally booked a deluxe balcony guarrantee - go figur:confused:e

I have been upgraded once. I don't consider it an "upgrade fairy" if you have to pay for it. We had booked an inside cabin and were upgraded to a top grade outside. No charge. I have no idea why. It was on our recent Adonia cruise. The cruise was sold out 3 weeks before, so haven't a clue why we were upgraded along with our single friend. She was upgraded too!

Edited by jeanlyon

I have been upgraded once. I don't consider it an "upgrade fairy" if you have to pay for it. We had booked an inside cabin and were upgraded to a top grade outside. No charge. I have no idea why. It was on our recent Adonia cruise. The cruise was sold out 3 weeks before, so haven't a clue why we were upgraded along with our single friend. She was upgraded too!

I think it does count if the upgrade is only 10% of the official upgrade price [emoji5]️ they could have tried for a lot more.

We were offered a upgrade from our superior balcony to a mini suite a few months back for our cruise that leaves this weekend (very excited!).

We declined. It is still £150 each that could be spent on other things, we've already got a balcony to enjoy the views from, and as mentioned it would be tough to go back to a normal cabin!

We are first time P&O cruisers are both around 50, and booked through a TA.

With a week to go just received another invoice and with it an upgrade from LC to HF. Seen a pic of the balcony and it looks rather nice as we don't do sitting in the sun and it's almost completely enclosed. Anyone had any experience of E118 on Azura?

Nothing.

We are going on our 5th P & O cruise in July. Not a sniff of an upgrade. We book select, we book early, often we celebrate a birthday or anniversary (or nearly) on board, pay more than others, get less OBC than if we had booked later, but still absolutely nothing. I reckon its like the lottery ...but at least we have a ticket....:mad:

Wonder what a FOI request would throw up....?:confused:

I have to eat my words.....just got my e-ticket for my July cruise....upgraded! First time ever!

Higher ! Deluxe balcony to mini suite. Might have been something to do with the conversation I had with my TA before we departed on our delayed Azura cruise but I am well chuffed.:)

We did pay select fare and our cruise came down by about £400 for the select fare in January with more OBC...so justice I think....

Edited by Mysticalmother

That's one heck of a result! Well done :D

Still four days for the upgrade fairy to pay us a visit, but I reckon if she was going to she would have done so by now. Never mind, we'll have a great time wherever our cabin is!

That's one heck of a result! Well done :D

Still four days for the upgrade fairy to pay us a visit, but I reckon if she was going to she would have done so by now. Never mind, we'll have a great time wherever our cabin is!

Thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - but enjoy your cruise anyway.

Thanks - maybe Devonians are in favour this year too!

Yes, because we are also upgraded on Oriana in September :-) Inside to high grade outside. Must be my year!

Edited by jeanlyon