Ordering from Steakhouse menu in dining room

Is it true you can pay extra to order form the Steakhouse menu in the main dining room. Someone said they saw this on the Carnival website. How does this work? do they give you the steakhouse menu with prices on it? Thanks!

The MDR menu will have a limited selection from the Steakhouse.

Is it true you can pay extra to order form the Steakhouse menu in the main dining room. Someone said they saw this on the Carnival website. How does this work? do they give you the steakhouse menu with prices on it? Thanks!

it's for a selection of entrees only - not the steakhouse menu.

read more on carnival site:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/steakhouse-selections

here's a sample menu:

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/dining-room-steakhouse-selections.ashx

I think it is fleet wide now. It is a nice for ships that don't have a steakhouse. It also works well for us as hubby is a steak eater and I tend to be more adventurous. He is able to get a perfect fillet in the MDR with this option.

I was on the Sunshine 2 weeks ago and asked about the menu (steakhouse selection) I was told the selection on the menu was made from the MDR kitchen and desert was not included so I opt not to order from the Steakhouse selection on the MDR menu I was afraid I would not get the same quality as if I were eating in the Steakhouse plus I wanted the cheesecake :p

Oh however you can always order the regular deserts from the MDR if you want!

Edited by brownie661

Seems to me that if we want the steakhouse steak better to pay a litttle more and get the whole experience.

I agree the whole experience is worth it. It is good to know you can order a steakhouse type entree in the MDR even on ships without a steakhouse. :cool:

We cruised on the Breeze for the last BC. We ordered Surf N Turf from the Steakhouse in the Main Dining Room. It was fantastic. Worth the extra charge and will do it again

Do the steakhouse sides come with the entrée?

Or is it just the meat/seafood?

Thank you

I was on the Sunshine 2 weeks ago and asked about the menu (steakhouse selection) I was told the selection on the menu was made from the MDR kitchen and desert was not included so I opt not to order from the Steakhouse selection on the MDR menu I was afraid I would not get the same quality as if I were eating in the Steakhouse plus I wanted the cheesecake :p

Oh however you can always order the regular deserts from the MDR if you want!

You don't get the full steakhouse experience and courses, but you aren't paying the full price, either. $35 is significantly more than $20 for just the entree. You can get a really nice slice of cheesecake at the coffee shop for a lot less than $15 and take it to the MDR if you want.

A couple can split one of the steakhouse selections and still order whatever they want off the regular menus. Or each can have a steakhouse selection for $40, or slightly more than the steakhouse costs for one. Plus many people tip extra in the steakhouse.

It depends on what you want.:)

My hubby orders from the Steakhouse selection 2 or 3 times during the cruise. He's a steak and potatoes man. The steak is higher quality, and it's cooked to his specifications. He tells the waiter what he wants with it and always get mashed potatoes, mushrooms and his choice of gravy. Not sure if he received a vegetable and If he sees something on the regular menu, he orders that also.

I'm not a steak person and asked him if it's worth $20, he says yes. He doesn't mind paying for quality.

We would visit the Steakhouse twice on all cruises. Hubby would let me choose which evenings. It was a must for him.:rolleyes:

I am fine with the dining room food and only went to the Steakhouse because hubby wanted to go.

I was happy when they first put the Steakhouse options on the menu. When i told hubby, he wasn't so sure. However, after trying it out, we haven't been to the Steakhouse since.:D

This option saves us money, and we're both happy. ;)

I'm glad Carnival gives it's guests choices.

DH did this option on our Freedom cruise in February. I love this option as I myself don't eat steak, but for $20 DH can have steakhouse quality steak and we can eat together without us spending $70 for us to go to the steakhouse and me to eat chicken. Lol. The wait took a little longer than if he ordered off the MDR menu, but he said it was worth the wait and better quality than the steak on the MDR menu. They say a picture is worth 1,000 words so...

DSCN0696.JPG

I love this option as I myself don't eat steak, but for $20 DH can have steakhouse quality steak and we can eat together without us spending $70 for us to go to the steakhouse and me to eat chicken.

That would be the problem with me too. My husband loves steak, but if we splurged on the Steakhouse, all I would end up eating would be chicken. So it wouldn't be worth it. I'm glad there is the option for my husband to just get the steak and pay extra for it.