New epic port times summer schedule

joedel

I just looked at excursions for Cannes as that is the only ship tour I have scheduled and didn't see it either. I have paid for the Monaco/Monte Carlo trip and Never received the email. I am going to call as wondering if they will credit me back before we go or give us on ship credit. Not happy that they have not contacted me. If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't have known.

This was the one I wanted to book (and I only found out about the changes from this board too!) They said last week it was available when I called to inquire about it not being online anymore. I called this afternoon to book and he said it was no longer available due to the dock time changes :( Definitely call! When I booked another Monaco tour today he said we can cancel or make changes up to 48 hours prior to embarkation without penalty so there's not reason why they wouldn't refund you on one that was canceled.

This was the one I wanted to book (and I only found out about the changes from this board too!) They said last week it was available when I called to inquire about it not being online anymore. I called this afternoon to book and he said it was no longer available due to the dock time changes :( Definitely call! When I booked another Monaco tour today he said we can cancel or make changes up to 48 hours prior to embarkation without penalty so there's not reason why they wouldn't refund you on one that was canceled.

I called and they said that I should call back in about a week to 10 days as they are currently working on the issue of shore excursions for those ports in question. Also said they would send an email if it is cancelled. Which at that point I brought up that I never received notification of port time changes in the first place. I voiced my concern that I wouldn't know there was an issue if I hadn't been contacted by a shipmate. He didn't know if my Monaco tour was cancelled yet. Said they wouldn't know if it was cancelled for a week or so. So...still don't know if my tour is a go or not, I have to hope they send me an email, and I have to periodically call them to find out their progress. They did say I would get a refund if it is cancelled. Guess we will have to just wait and see what happens. Thankfully not sailing for awhile so hopefully will all be worked out before we depart.

I called and they said that I should call back in about a week to 10 days as they are currently working on the issue of shore excursions for those ports in question. Also said they would send an email if it is cancelled. Which at that point I brought up that I never received notification of port time changes in the first place. I voiced my concern that I wouldn't know there was an issue if I hadn't been contacted by a shipmate. He didn't know if my Monaco tour was cancelled yet. Said they wouldn't know if it was cancelled for a week or so. So...still don't know if my tour is a go or not, I have to hope they send me an email, and I have to periodically call them to find out their progress. They did say I would get a refund if it is cancelled. Guess we will have to just wait and see what happens. Thankfully not sailing for awhile so hopefully will all be worked out before we depart.

When is your cruise? Since they are just moving things up an hour and not losing an hour I dont see why the tour operators cant change the schedule a bit. Would love to hear if you hear back from them in a week or so because if its not canceled and they offer it again Im definitely going to cancel the Monaco & views of Eze and go with the Monaco & Monte Carlo we originally wanted. That one is showing up as a paid excursion on myncl but doesnt list any actual details under the day. I wonder if its the same situation even though they were able to book it for me today.

i am not at all worried about the ship, how much fun we will have, and certainly not going to be complaining. the only thing im worrying about right now is how i can pack all the stuff i want to take with only a 15kg luggage allowance, are you going with ryanair by any chance? ;) and how i will contain my excitement over the next few days :d

i think the biggest shame about all this stuff with changes is not the changes themselves, but the cloud of negativity that some people will be carrying with them on their holiday. At the end of the day, you can book a holiday in disneyland or a hotel and they can put prices up and change policies and you will probably never be none the wiser. It's not that ncl is bad, it's just they (like other companies) are under the spotlight on cc, and the majority of customers travelling will be completely unaware of all the anger/annoyance on here.

[attach]348489[/attach]

Edited by meltingmoments

Not until middle of June. Will let you know what I hear.

I just looked today and they have added back the Monte Carlo & Monaco excursion along with a couple other ones. I have it booked! Wahoo!

Excursions for Palma have reappeared today on MyNCL. There are only 4 left, and all of them have a duration of 4 hours. Those that had a longer duration are definitely gone.

I had booked and paid for the aquarium excursion in june, and it's now gone. Will NCL reimburse me automatically or do I have to call them to get my money back?

My research also indicates that everything is closed in Palma between 2pm and 5pm, because of siesta. No time for shopping and tapas :(

Excursions for Palma have reappeared today on MyNCL. There are only 4 left, and all of them have a duration of 4 hours. Those that had a longer duration are definitely gone.

I had booked and paid for the aquarium excursion in june, and it's now gone. Will NCL reimburse me automatically or do I have to call them to get my money back?

My research also indicates that everything is closed in Palma between 2pm and 5pm, because of siesta. No time for shopping and tapas :(

Thats a bummer about the aquarium, I was interested in that one since we have an infant and she'd like it. I assume they'll reimburse you automatically but you can always call to confirm, its been very easy to reach them every time I've called in the past few days. They may be still trying to add it and change the time as they did with the others.

Thats a big bummer about siesta hours. Maybe they change it when ships are in dock?

That last comment was for naagnel55...also since we are only in port from 2-7 in Palma and siesta is 2-5 will there be anything open? Restaurants? Bars? Any shops? Will HOHO be running and would it be worth it if nothing is open? Thanks in advance!

Good deal! I know you wanted this one. When is your cruise?

Ours is August 12th. Still time for them to make changes but hopefully they wont :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on the excursion after your trip next month!

we booked the winery tour and it is missing still, cannes we booked monaco and monte carlo and its back on will see what happens

Having spent quite a lot of time in Palma I can confirm that we never struggled to find bars/restaurants/shops during siesta time. Some places will close, but in our experience it was more the small "off the beaten track" type vendors, and the banks/chemists etc that closed. However, the best bit about Palma is the architecture, Cathedral, and Bellver Castle, and they are always open :D

Edited by Cloudyrain

On the Epic in July, anybody know what the entertainment will be? Are Blue Man Group still on the Epic?

No. Blue man left Epic earlier this year. It's legends and a dance act like burn the floor in the theatre until Sept when legends replaced by a musical Priscilla

Edited by Single Cruiser

Just called and the Monaco and Monte Carlo trip are gone because of the dock times. DAMN. That was the #1 excursion we were looking forward to!!!

So taking a train there on your own is not a good idea in that time frame?

I'm on the Epic Nov 4-11, stopping in Cannes and the Monaco & Monte Carlo Excursion still isn't listed on the site. Funny thing is I booked it back when it WAS listed. I can see on my itinerary that I have an excursion booked for that day, but when I look at my vacation summer for that Port, there is no description. About 2 weeks ago I called and was told that they are updated the website, and that my excursion is still set to occur. But I'm starting to wonder if NCL is just going to hold onto that money until the cruise date, and then turn it into OBC and leave me searching for a last minute excursion while in Cannes.