New epic port times summer schedule

joedel

Now I am miffed. Still no email re May 13 cruise. Just about to fly out to Venice to start our vacation. There are two other couple travelling with us with same bookings. Still no email.

But when i re-checked my vacation summary on the NCL website, the times have changed from this morning. Losing 2 hours in Palma is a major loss. Losing the hour in Naples will affect our booked shore excursion.

I specifically asked the NCLrep this morning if there was something wrong with the ship and she assured me that the ship was fine and it was a port scheduling issue.

Is there any precedent for getting some compensation from NCL?

Thank goodness for CC members for the heads up.

Now I am miffed. Still no email re May 13 cruise. Just about to fly out to Venice to start our vacation. There are two other couple travelling with us with same bookings. Still no email.

But when i re-checked my vacation summary on the NCL website, the times have changed from this morning. Losing 2 hours in Palma is a major loss. Losing the hour in Naples will affect our booked shore excursion.

I specifically asked the NCL rep this morning if there was something wrong with the ship and she assured me that the ship was fine and it was a port scheduling issue.

yes it does state in terms and conditions that they can do this , but it doesnt mean we have to like it , we are being short changed after all .

Its fully understandable for changes due to weather, port strikes , terrorism etc

But what is the reason for such drastic changes to not just 1 or 2 ports but 3 :mad:

yes it does state in terms and conditions that they can do this , but it doesnt mean we have to like it , we are being short changed after all .

Its fully understandable for changes due to weather, port strikes , terrorism etc

But what is the reason for such drastic changes to not just 1 or 2 ports but 3 :mad:

Because she has a poorly engine (which is why they cancelled a cruise in September to extend dry dock time to repair) which is limiting her top speed.

Other than the sea day crossing the two longest legs are Naples to Rome and Cannes to Palma. So its convenient these port schedules allow extra time on these legs :eek: :rolleyes:

I specifically asked the NCL rep this morning if there was something wrong with the ship and she assured me that the ship was fine and it was a port scheduling issue.

If you booked with a TA then they sent the email to them. I was in the same boat (pun intended) as you as we are on the 5/10 sailing and have private tours in all ports. My TA sent me the email yesterday. Thankfully we are able to adjust the times for our tours so all is well.

I have had one shore excursion booked with an outside vendor impacted by this change. I called as soon as I read about the change here but before I got my email. They were looking into it but today I got an email back and of course it states that they don't know of any changes. Since I now have the email I attached a copy of it to my reply and am still waiting to hear back. I'm ok with the changes. It is what it is but I am anxious to get the one shore excursion straightened out. It is supposed to end at the same time the ship sails. This is in Cannes. They either need to adjust the time or shorten the excursion. If they can't do either we will have to cancel it.

Not happy with changes and now even more concerning

Is engine issues. I love to cruise but don't like worrying about

Engine issues. Didn't realize epic was due for a dry dock the following month

Of my cruise obsessive research. Something else to consider now when booking a cruise:rolleyes:

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

Not happy with changes and now even more concerning

Is engine issues. I love to cruise but don't like worrying about

Engine issues. Didn't realize epic was due for a dry dock the following month

Of my cruise obsessive research. Something else to consider now when booking a cruise:rolleyes:

Kerri

And this is the reason NCL reps would never say the reason why as people panic. It's not like a car with one engine. She has 6! Can probably run the whole hotel side (cabins/lifts etc.) on just one. They only ever fire them all up if say in a urgent run like a medical emergency and want to go at max knots.

One will be assumed offline at any given time for routine maintenance.

The two affected legs require a higher speed so by adjusting the times say Cannes to Palma she has another 2hrs.

Nothing at all to worry about. The fix obviously requires a dry dock so could even be bearings/prop shaft related and excessive vibrations at high speeds so to prevent passengers complaining,

Those who have sailed on Epic will tell you that you can tell it's a traditional prop when eating at say Cagneys or Moderno when in the move. :D

Sitting at Heathrow waiting to transfer to Italy.

I called NCL aout 12 hrs ago before we left YVR. I asked to speak to a "manager". She continued to deny that there is any mechanical issue. She said it was a port scheduling problem. No compensation, but she said we could call to complain after the cruise. I requested that NCL email me directly if there is any more problems or rescheduling. Booking thru a TA certainly did not stop them feom sending me spam emails to book more cruises or to book/pay for packages directly with them.

Lol. "Port scheduling" :D

Because we all know how busy the cruise terminal is at Cannes.. Errrm isn't it a tender port?

So ok we all know how busy it must be to drop an anchor ..hmm.. :confused:

Oh and looks like Cannes and Palma there are no other big ships in with you this week.

I think that the NCL rep doesn't know what she/he is talking about.

I am on the same cruise as you and the times have been changed on the vacation summary on MyNCL.

Cannes is now 7 - 5 vice 8 - 6

Palma is now 2 - 7 vice 1 - 8

Naples is now 7 - 6 vice 7 - 7

So we lose 1 hr in Naples and 2 hrs Palma and Cannes has shifted an hour.

Lois

My email states that the changes are on all sailings between the May and September sailings. At the moment no shore excursions are showing for Palma and Cannes has cut many of their excursions and there are now only 10 available.

Sitting at Heathrow waiting to transfer to Italy.

I called NCL aout 12 hrs ago before we left YVR. I asked to speak to a "manager". She continued to deny that there is any mechanical issue. She said it was a port scheduling problem. No compensation, but she said we could call to complain after the cruise. I requested that NCL email me directly if there is any more problems or rescheduling. Booking thru a TA certainly did not stop them feom sending me spam emails to book more cruises or to book/pay for packages directly with them.

I have already emailed to express my feelings regarding not just these port changes but all the other changes since I booked

increased daily service charge,

increased bar service charge,

New service charge for speciality restaurants,

new service charge for room service,

And now these port changes where we are losing time in port really is the straw that broke the camels back , especially since i found out through Cruise Critic and not from NCL , and the feeling they are not being honest about the need for changes riles me too .

I know there is nothing that we can do regarding the changes but I feel that NCL should be made aware when passengers are not happy with the way they are being treated.

Its a shame we dont stay longer in Palma so everyone could get off the ship, so I could have it to myself. i'm not getting off there as i live in mallorca and go to Palma nearly every weekend. Don't get me wrong there is still lots of stuff i haven't seen in palma, and visiting the cathedral is a MUST !!!, shops are just up the road from it. Great bars and restaurants, any info needed drop me a line. BTW its 27'c here today, wonder how hot its gonna be in August !!!

I just got off the phone with NCL.

Our May 13th Epic cruise is not affected.

NCL said there is nothing wrong with the boat. She said it is probably because of schedule conflicts with other ships at port. Only some, not all, Epic cruises are affected.

All cruises affected according to my e mail - and yes there is a problem.

Entire summer schedule. Cannes only has one ship a day so hardly likely to be a conflict

I have not received an email about it either, there are 6 of us for August 12th and no one has received an email. I did call last week after seeing the excursion we wanted to book in Cannes was no longer listed on MyNCL and the NCL rep I spoke with said it was still available to book. Maybe they are just rearranging some excursions? I can't imagine they wouldn't have ANY in Palma and get rid of so many in Cannes.

We had the email last week: we travel on the 10th May from Barcelona. We haven't booked any tours with NCL.

It's a shame, mainly for Palma, but we aren't going to get too upset about it: and i cant understand why external companies cant adjust their trips and hour earlier, maybe they should cut the "lets stop for souveniers" section :) We have been on 5 cruises including this one, and 4 have been changed at for some reason or another from when we booked to when/during the time we cruised.

The staff are obviously not going to be telling people it's due to "mechanical issues": sadly things like this get blown out of proportion and people get all worked up over it without actually trying to understand the reality of it.

I am not at all worried about the ship, how much fun we will have, and certainly not going to be complaining. The only thing Im worrying about right now is how I can pack all the stuff I want to take with only a 15kg luggage allowance, and how I will contain my excitement over the next few days :D

I think the biggest shame about all this stuff with changes is not the changes themselves, but the cloud of negativity that some people will be carrying with them on their holiday. At the end of the day, you can book a holiday in Disneyland or a hotel and they can put prices up and change policies and you will probably never be none the wiser. It's not that NCL is bad, it's just they (like other companies) are under the spotlight on CC, and the majority of customers travelling will be completely unaware of all the anger/annoyance on here.

Just called and the Monaco and Monte Carlo trip are gone because of the dock times. DAMN. That was the #1 excursion we were looking forward to!!!

I just looked at excursions for Cannes as that is the only ship tour I have scheduled and didn't see it either. I have paid for the Monaco/Monte Carlo trip and Never received the email. I am going to call as wondering if they will credit me back before we go or give us on ship credit. Not happy that they have not contacted me. If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't have known.

The gentleman I spoke with today while booking a different Cannes excursion said they are working with vendors there and in Palma more so to try and get some tours up with the shortened time. He said they'd appear in the myNCL once they are there. There are also a couple excursions in Cannes that are available that are not listed on there right now either.