Allure preparing for dry dock

Craig,

Thanks for all of your help!! We are boarding on Sunday, June 7th - are there any Sports Bars on the ships?? The NBA Finals will be happening during our week on board and we were wondering if there would be any place to watch the games, even rebroadcasts due to the time difference.

Thanks again and enjoy!!!

Now that is something I too was looking for. On freedom classes they have often shown sports games in on-air. But I didn't see any advertised in the compass and when I went down to on-air in the evening it was always karaoke or quizzes.

Craig,

Thanks for all of your help!! We are boarding on Sunday, June 7th - are there any Sports Bars on the ships?? The NBA Finals will be happening during our week on board and we were wondering if there would be any place to watch the games, even rebroadcasts due to the time difference.

Thanks again and enjoy!!!

I don't think they show sports on European itineraries, it'll be down to where they would have to source the sport as they wouldn't be able to get a feed from the U.S., there was no NFL on Liberty last year when I was onboard,

Strange as ESPN UK is on long beam and would be reachable by the Allure nearer the Spanish side of the Med, but they would have to arrange with BT for access and adjust the way the satellite points which could affect other services.

Thanks for all of your feedback Craig!

Can you tell me how the majority people were dressed for dinner? I usually do dressy casual, but this is my first European cruise and I'd like to make sure I am not over/under dressed.

Hardly noticed them as the majority about 4,000 joined in Barcelona. So there was probably only 20% new passengers. Most on tours had left by 9 to head to Rome so the ship was quiet.

I don't know why but I thought more passengers would be getting on and off in Rome. Did someone on the ship give you that number? Do you know if that will be the standard percent going forward? I would guess RC would try to keep the cabins full so it makes sense it would be

I don't know why but I thought more passengers would be getting on and off in Rome. Did someone on the ship give you that number? Do you know if that will be the standard percent going forward? I would guess RC would try to keep the cabins full so it makes sense it would be

I've read that same approximate stat (80/20) for the cruise overall this summer a few different places. Apparently, the cruise is considered a Barcelona to Barcelona route, with Rome only being a mid point embarkation.

I'm sure a more experienced cruiser can explain that better than I can and use proper terminology. :D

Well we had 4,200 on in Barcelona, so assuming max lower capacity would be around 1000 max in Rome if sailing full. As most do 7nts BCN-BCN or Rome-Rome I would imagine it would be pretty much the same throughout the season.

I've read that same approximate stat (80/20) for the cruise overall this summer a few different places. Apparently, the cruise is considered a Barcelona to Barcelona route, with Rome only being a mid point embarkation.

I'm sure a more experienced cruiser can explain that better than I can and use proper terminology. :D

Yep. So cruise compass etc starts day 1 Barcelona.

I assume Rome passengers have their own Muster Drill?

Yes, full drill but we were told to ignore the alarms if got on in Barcelona.

It was quite early, like 4:30PM so most BCN passengers were still in Rome.

Edited by Single Cruiser

I assume Rome passengers have their own Muster Drill?

Yes, full drill but we were told to ignore the alarms if got on in Barcelona.

It was quite early, like 4:30PM so most BCN passengers were still in Rome.

We get on tomorrow in Italy so I should be able to report back. We are planning to arrive at the port at noon. We wonder if our room will be ready for 1 like a normal sailing.

Not sure how the app distorts pic but Diamond Lounge is deck 11/12

Hi ,

We are sailing on Allure in August and my wife is in a wheelchair. The new deck plan shows access to Diamond Club is on Deck 11. Does anyone know how wheelchairs can access Deck 12 lounge level?

Cheers,

Steve

we are on the 7th June sailing from Barcelona. when we arrive back on the 14th June we have a flight booked for 11.20. Just wondering if anyone knows how we go about arranging a transfer when we wouldnt know exactly what time we would disembark... & also is the taxi rank very far from where we will dock?

:confused:

we are on the 7th June sailing from Barcelona. when we arrive back on the 14th June we have a flight booked for 11.20. Just wondering if anyone knows how we go about arranging a transfer when we wouldnt know exactly what time we would disembark... & also is the taxi rank very far from where we will dock?

Taxi rank is right outside the terminal - €39 to the airport

We booked our transport through Autos Vilar. We originally had a 12:50 flight and we were planning on having them pick us up at 7:00. We planned on getting off using self-disembarkation and as soon as they started allowing that, maybe around 6:30/7:00. I plan on asking once on board their recommendation of when I need to get in line I order to make it the taxi around that time. Transport services understand we sometimes get held up

Our flight changed to almost 3 so we moved our pickup time to 9 and I plan on asking once on board how soon I need to get off.

It sounds like 60-70% of the passengers are disembarking in Barca so it will be reasonably crowded, but I guess not totally as bad as a full disembarkation.

Easy walk off started about 6AM. Taxis outside so in theory on a Sunday no traffic you could be at the airport by 6:30AM!

Single Cruiser (Craig)

Do you know whether there was a free port shuttle at Civitavecchia?

Many thanks

Kim

Yes. They don't allow people to walk through the port so the shuttle drops you near the port entrance which is about 15mins walk from train station.

I need help! Do you know when you got internet package for the week, whare do you pay for that Internet package? Is it down at the reception deck?

I was sat at the bar in the Central Park. Connected to wifi. Entered the number on my cruise card and selected the package I wanted. It then just got charged to my onboard account.

I was sat at the bar in the Central Park. Connected to wifi. Entered the number on my cruise card and selected the package I wanted. It then just got charged to my onboard account.

Lovely thanks for that,

We booked our transport through Autos Vilar. We originally had a 12:50 flight and we were planning on having them pick us up at 7:00. We planned on getting off using self-disembarkation and as soon as they started allowing that, maybe around 6:30/7:00. I plan on asking once on board their recommendation of when I need to get in line I order to make it the taxi around that time. Transport services understand we sometimes get held up

Our flight changed to almost 3 so we moved our pickup time to 9 and I plan on asking once on board how soon I need to get off.

It sounds like 60-70% of the passengers are disembarking in Barca so it will be reasonably crowded, but I guess not totally as bad as a full disembarkation.

Only 1,400 cruisers get on at Rome. It is caped at that level to due occupancy. We found this out, from our Muster Drill Captain, on embarkation day this Wednesday in Rome.

The cabin was ready at 1pm. We arrived at 12:30 and there was hardly anyone embarking. The entire process took 10 minutes until we were walking on the Royal Promenade. As for luggage one bag was at our cabin prior to our arrival and the other was there after muster which occured at 4:30.

Edited by A&L_Ont