Sapphire Pricess - November 12th

dwarren113

We were on the Star Princess, room A-421, and could not hear noise from the pool. The only time you might be concerned is Island Night. They cover the pool and the partying is very lively and loud, and is also a lot of fun. :D They closed the party down before midnight.

If you mean a cabin toward the back of the ship, you do not need to worry about noise at all, except for the following:

-Island night, which is held on the aft Terrace Pool...they cover the pool with a bandstand and this is the heart of the party. You WILL hear noise that night if you are close enough to the back...we were in A730, and were at the party, but when we went back to our cabin, we could still hear it. It wrapped up by 1 am or so.

-If we were awake in the early mornings, we could occasionally hear a chair being scrapped against the floor above in the Horizon Buffet. When I say occasionally, I mean 3 mornings out of 30 on our long cruise. And it never woke us up, we only heard it if we were awake. It was at the same time each time we heard it-6:20am, so I don't know if it was a cleaning crew or what.

You can see some photos of a BC cabin, and also the steps leading up to the Terrace Pool at my photo album...2004 Transpacific cruise.

You'll love the location...we're doing the same cruise in reverse next spring, and booked the exact same cabin, we were so happy with the wonderful location and proximity to that door on the back of the ship.

Archived