Entertainment on Oriana

Findus

• 2 months later...

We've been on Ventura and Oceana, is the entertainment basically the same on the Oriana. Just curious being a smaller ship and adults only. We enjoy the Headliners and also some of the tribute acts and comedians, if fact we're easy to please ;-)

We doing the 21 days in the Med in September.

Keith

Certainly the same style, of Headliners, comedians, singers and the occasional tribute act. In my Oriana experiences they have the best bands and a very versatile orchestra. I don't know how often, if ever, the Orchestra leader changes but they've always been excellent when I've been on board.

Thanks Brayman, thats sounds great, I like anything, big band, classical, jazz, pop, rock, you name it, I'm sort of a burnt out rock star. I'm starting to chill already :-)

We like the more traditional ships surprisingly and reading through a number of threads the Oriana seems to tick all these boxes.

Do you get the sunbed chaos that you get on the Ventura, or are there plenty to go round?

Keith (Southend)

Thanks Brayman, thats sounds great, I like anything, big band, classical, jazz, pop, rock, you name it, I'm sort of a burnt out rock star. I'm starting to chill already :-)

We like the more traditional ships surprisingly and reading through a number of threads the Oriana seems to tick all these boxes.

Do you get the sunbed chaos that you get on the Ventura, or are there plenty to go round?

Keith (Southend)

If you are lucky you will get the Orchestra doing a Glen Miller session in the Crows Nest one evening - not to be missed (except they could do with a singer! :) )

Never had a problem with sunbeds unless you absolutely must have one next to the pool!

Another thought, do they also have guest speakers on the Oriana, it's hit and miss, but we have had a couple of interesting subjects in the past.

Keith (Southend)

They do indeed Keith. In years past, they used to have at least two guest speakers on a two-week cruise but on my last couple there has only been one. That's a bit of a shame as it is good to have a bit more variety.

In years past, they used to have at least two guest speakers on a two-week cruise but on my last couple there has only been one. That's a bit of a shame as it is good to have a bit more variety.

It maybe varies a bit depending on time of year, itnerary/audience, and availability - we had two speakers on board for 14 nights last summer. I can recall only having one on a 16 night cruise some years back.