Meet and Greet through HAL Facebook?

I'm ok with some stuff but I really don't want to cart extra stuff in my luggage or take extra stuff home. I take one suitcase plus a carry on roller board for my cruises and it's hard to keep it under the maximum weight.

I agree with Cruz chic, and Sails!!

First I am on a cruise to relax and enjoy my time! Now I might be the odd ball but, I want to do things when I want and have No agenda.

Now when we did a hiking, kayaking adventure for a month in New Zealand,

Absolutely we were in touch with all the members of our team through our emails and such. So we had I guess a meet and greet via Skype and email.

I know a lot of great people on these CC boards are very special, and go out of their way to put these wonderful meet and greets together, and I commend them for this!

Especially if your single. I know you meet a lot of wonderful people and build a special bond.

Who knows, maybe in our future we might do it! Right now my DH and I will enjoy on our own!

Denise:)

It is interesting how those who do not participate in M & Gs and roll calls have so much negative to say about them. Both are what you make of them yourself. You can 100% participate and throw yourself into everything or you can just choose to say hi and get to know some of the people sailing on the same cruise. If there are additional activities or tours organised, you do not have to participate. Nothing wrong in being friendly and saying hi while putting a face to a name you have seen on the roll call.

As to the facebook M&G - I just don't understand that and have to wonder whose idea it was to have that get-together on embarkation day in a dreary location.

If someone has had a negative experience with a meet and greet why would they do it again? Do you enjoy repeating negative experiences? Mine have been good so I go to them. When they aren't I won't.

If someone has had a negative experience with a meet and greet why would they do it again? Do you enjoy repeating negative experiences? Mine have been good so I go to them. When they aren't I won't.

But they are usually all different people at M&Gs, so hopefully you wouldn't have the same negative experience at the next one. But I am sorry you had a bad experience because they can be fun.

What's wrong with sitting around and chatting?

I participate in all the Roll Calls for my cruises, sometimes actively, sometimes just checking in occasionally ... there are some that get very busy organizing slot pulls & cabin crawls, etc, but no one is ever forced to participate in those activities.

I've set up a few on HAL and always invited senior officers & staff, and have always had them attend. Thank you notes as a follow up can help make things easier if you want to set up additional M&Gs if desired.

There is nothing stopping anyone from setting up their own M&G if you don't like the time assigned by HAL. There are many places on board for groups to get together and mingle!

I am on Facebook, but would never participate in a Roll Call there. Anyone can log in and see who's going to be away from home.

Nothing is wrong with chit chatting. But we had reserved about an hour for the M&G and after 5-10 minutes the chit chatting had ended. Just an awkward period.

Dan

But they are usually all different people at M&Gs, so hopefully you wouldn't have the same negative experience at the next one. But I am sorry you had a bad experience because they can be fun.

I didn't say I had a bad experience :confused:. I said "if" I had one I wouldn't go. I like to be around people that give me energy not drag me down.

What's wrong with sitting around and chatting?

I participate in all the Roll Calls for my cruises, sometimes actively, sometimes just checking in occasionally ... there are some that get very busy organizing slot pulls & cabin crawls, etc, but no one is ever forced to participate in those activities.

I've set up a few on HAL and always invited senior officers & staff, and have always had them attend. Thank you notes as a follow up can help make things easier if you want to set up additional M&Gs if desired.

There is nothing stopping anyone from setting up their own M&G if you don't like the time assigned by HAL. There are many places on board for groups to get together and mingle!

I am on Facebook, but would never participate in a Roll Call there. Anyone can log in and see who's going to be away from home.

You hit it right out the ballpark!:D

Fact: My cousin posted on Facebook. When she came back, her apartment was empty!:eek::mad:

NEVER AND I MEAN EVER INDICATE YOU'RE NOT AT HOME!:eek: