Córdoba or Alhambra

Alhambra hands down. I was staying in Spain and did not do from a cruise so i cannot help you htere.If you do a search on this board using Alhambra you will find quite a few posts from other cruisers.

Edited by cberge

Agree with Cberge. The Alhambra is a definite "must" for those that have the opportunity and have not previously been to the Granada area. One has to do some planning for the Alhambra since it is strongly advised to pre-purchase your entrance tickets during the heavy tourist season. We have visited the Alhambra once on our own and another time we actually spent 2 nights inside the Alhambra (at the Parador) and loved the area. But for a port day it is difficult to impossible to DIY (do it yourself) because of the normal timed tickets (morning or afternoon (2pm).

So this is one of those rare times that we strongly recommend pre booking a tour. Whether you use the cruise line's excursion or make arrangements with any of reputable local tour companies is a personal preference thing. If you do want to go the private tour route we suggest getting active the CC Roll Call board for your cruise so you can join with a few others.

Hank

Cordoba is a lovely city. The Inquisition museum is 'fun'. The Alcazar is worth a visit, but.......it is nothing compared to the Alhambra.

The Alhambra will be hot in July/August. You need to book your admission tickets to the Nasrid Palace and it has a specific entrance time.

See more information here http://www.alhambradegranada.org/en/info/ticketsale.asp

It really depends on which port you are visiting and the port times.

For Alhambra a ship tour would be recommended. For Cordoba there is a direct train service from Malaga.

Thank you all for the advice. I think it will have to be Alhambra. Is there really 400 steps to negotiate?

If there were I didn't notice them all...it is like going from one level to another in a split level house and I do have leg issues,but even so..it was sooo worth it!!!