The best advice you ever got...

RAC630

That happened during my Princess cruise. I never would have known carpets on the port side are blue if somebody had not pointed it out.

During my HAL cruise I will try to see if the Volendam is like that too.

NCL has fish-- go upstream or downstream.

I'm not sure this applies to all cruise lines but on Princess I was always getting confused on which way to turn getting off the elevators to go back to my cabin. Someone told me to look at the carpet. On one side the border was red and on the other side the border was blue. I never had any issues after that and have shared that tip with many people that I've seen walk from one side of the elevator lobby to the other.

If the walkway carpeting on your ship has different colors port and starboard, and one is red or has red markings, it is most likely the starboard side (i.e., "red right returning")

"If you really like cruising you may care to buy 100 shares of stock in the line as you get additional obc's on future cruises as a stockholders benefit."

as someone else mentioned, I would say I wished I bought stock sooner!! CCL gives you OBC for every cruise, carnival, princess, HAL, seaborne, cunard

and costa. and they are combinable with other OBC, unlike other cruiseline stock. and for every cruise:D

1. Get to know your room steward right away. As soon as we meet, I ask his/her name, what country they are from, learn about his family, how long he has been on the ship, when he will be going home, and just have a nice conversation. I always have one request, keep my cooler filled with ice, and I give him/her $20 up front. When we pass in the hallways I always greet them by name, and I have always gotten phenomenal service.

2. Learn the ship. Look at the deck plans, and figure out what is of most interest to you.

3. In the MDR, we always order at least one extra main entre ...... sometimes two.

4. I find my favorite pool bar, and I get to know the bartender well, same as our room steward. I tip him/her cash first time, and find it to be one of the best investments you can make.

5. Bring a lot of cash, especially small bills for tipping and small purchases on the island. You do not want to buy a $4.00 trinket with a $20 USA bill and get 16 pink and purple bills in change.

5. If you like shopping, do it online at home. When I am on a beautiful tropical island shopping is the last thing I would do.