Jewel Lobster night

MADD DAWG

I just heard from my cruise consultant that they still have the one night of the Chocolate buffet. I hope so my kids loved it.

+1 good if that's true, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that - since you are sailing in 13 months :D

We didn't see that on our Breakaway sailing in 2014 nor this March ;) but if they are going to bring it back, some folks would be happy. I think.

I just heard from my cruise consultant that they still have the one night of the Chocolate buffet. I hope so my kids loved it.

Would be nice if they did bring it back, but as of now no more.....:mad:

What they replaced it with is chocolate night...with many many chocolate and special desserts served in the DR and buffet...sorry

Safe sailing

I was just wondering if the Jewel had a Lobster night? We were on the Gem a couple of years and really enjoyed the lobster night.

Over the weekend, I read mitsugirly's review of her Carnival cruise. She had a picture of her lobster and shrimp dinner. And, the waiter asked her if she wanted more! Yes, I'm jealous.:(

My lobster from Le Bistro on the Gem in January looked nothing like that.....it was tiny. ..my DH had 4 pieces of lobster and I was the lucky one with 5 pieces. Plus it had bad taste to it, and there is an additional charge.

The lobster in Cagney's is a pasta dish with some lobster on top.

We really miss the first night lobster meals

My lobster from Le Bistro on the Gem in January looked nothing like that.....it was tiny. ..my DH had 4 pieces of lobster and I was the lucky one with 5 pieces. Plus it had bad taste to it, and there is an additional charge.

Well, I guess it didn't look like this at all, huh. Our waiter had an "extra" portion of lobster tail & gave it to me, without asking. One of our tablemate was seasick that evening, he packed & wrapped a dinner plate, added steamed rice to it, plus a chicken noodle soup with roll & butter to go, all covered to keep warm - free without any charges. I can't voucher for what's been changed since our sailing, but I say, being a minority stockholder - CCL's benefit/perk is very good & combinable with any OBC offered to the public, plus any TA ones available. It was just mouth-watering on the Splendor - no cover charge, no surcharge, no autogratuity then, and we gladly tipped extra toward the end of the week. Not to mention we had shrimp cocktails plus other starters - nicely surprised.

The lobster in Cagney's is a pasta dish with some lobster on top.

We really miss the first night lobster meals

The lobster dish was on the Star, post dry-dock, week before Easter.

We were on the NCL Sky to the Bahamas in July 2013 and they had a "Surf and Turf" dinner one night in the MDR - steak and lobster tails.

This is gone now? Bummer.:confused:

We ordered it in LeBistro on the Dawn a few months back...was GREAT!

In fact, so good, that we thought even with the upcharge it was a deal :)

My husband had the Le Bistro lobter tail on Jewel 2 weeks ago. Good, but small and definitely not worth the $10 surcharge.

My husband had the Le Bistro lobter tail on Jewel 2 weeks ago. Good, but small and definitely not worth the $10 surcharge.

Bummer! Especially since I'm boarding the Jewel tomorrow & was looking fwd to ordering it in Le Bistro :(

Bummer! Especially since I'm boarding the Jewel tomorrow & was looking fwd to ordering it in Le Bistro :(

Your opinion might be different from his, or maybe you'll get a better one.

Worth $10 to try? One thing I'd recommend is that you get it in addition to another entree if you can.