What do you say to people who think Carnival cruise=cesspool?

We get that, too. We know people who want to cruise with us, but won't because we will look to Carnival first, and they won't even consider it. Honestly, we've never had one bad cruise with them, and we're looking forward to going on one next month. We've gone on Carnival primarily because of price point - we can get more bang for our buck. For next year, we considered RCCL, NCL and Celebrity seriously - and almost booked on NCL. But, they couldn't compete with the price we wanted to pay for the type of room we wanted to book. We're by no means going to exclusively sail with Carnival, but right now when I can save almost $1000 on a vacation for my family, it allows me to do more with them on excursions. I'll take my "cesspool"...and have an awesome vacation :)

We have now been on 23 Carnival cruises and 1 HAL. When my hubby and I were on the HAL it was a nice cruise but I was truly missing my towel animals and singing in the dining room! We met a lady from Catalina Island and she said her travel agent said to NEVER cruise with Carnival! I told her I love Carnival and think it was better (for me) than HAL. We met several people who were more snooty IMO. We love Carnival and yes there has been cutbacks but there have been cutbacks everyone with the economy. It still is an awesome vacation at a great price! We have 24 and 25 booked next year and looking forward to it!!!!

Edited by rlkubi

I have refused to cruise with a friend because she wouldn't cruise Carnival, and I wouldn't cruise RC.

Well, to be honest, you're both being too stubborn:eek:

How do you know if you don't try ? We've got older friends who could afford anything but they're quite content to go on Carnival, we'd go again too if price and itinerary beat the others.

Usually I just say, "Really? I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with Carnival. I enjoy a lot of cruise lines and Carnival is one of them."

It usually opens up a conversation where I highlight what I consider the plusses and minuses of each line that I've sailed.

Well, to be honest, you're both being too stubborn:eek:

How do you know if you don't try ? We've got older friends who could afford anything but they're quite content to go on Carnival, we'd go again too if price and itinerary beat the others.

I completely disagree. I HAVE tried it and was completely miserable on RC. I was not about to waste my money on a trip I wasnt going to enjoy.

She on the other hand was too stuck up to "slum it" on carnival, even though she could barely afford them and had her grandmother pay for her RC cruises. We are no longer friends, so it is not a problem.

I completely disagree. I HAVE tried it and was completely miserable on RC. I was not about to waste my money on a trip I wasnt going to enjoy.

She on the other hand was too stuck up to "slum it" on carnival, even though she could barely afford them and had her grandmother pay for her RC cruises. We are no longer friends, so it is not a problem.

Wow. Truely miserable on a RCI ship? Carnival and RCI have far more in common than not. Sounds like you guys just don't want to find a way to make it work or compromise. It's probably more about getting your way and no one wants to budge.

OK, fair enough.

Bear in mind that a single trip, on any line, may not be representative of the whole. Ships & crews differ. Many people go on Oasis/Allure and think all RCL ships are like that whereas we, altho' diamond on RCL (80nts+), have no desire to set foot on either of those monsters:)

Fair seas !

Are they "haters"? or just someone with an opinion that differs from yours?

Someone who had never cruised on CCL would be a hater because in order to have a different opinion they would have had to experience a CCL cruise.

Wow. Truely miserable on a RCI ship? Carnival and RCI have far more in common than not. Sounds like you guys just don't want to find a way to make it work or compromise. It's probably more about getting your way and no one wants to budge.

I'm so glad you know my reasons better than I do :rolleyes:

I was miserable. I would not go on another RC cruise, if it was completely free. I had a miserable experience, and spent a good portion of it in tears. If you will read, SHE wasn't willing to compromise, because she was above Carnival cruisers, and as I stated we are no longer friends, and it is a non issue. It has nothing to do with me wanting to get my way, simply to get my way, for me it was about not getting back on a cruise, with a cruise line I hated.

OK, fair enough.

Bear in mind that a single trip, on any line, may not be representative of the whole. Ships & crews differ. Many people go on Oasis/Allure and think all RCL ships are like that whereas we, altho' diamond on RCL (80nts+), have no desire to set foot on either of those monsters:)

Fair seas !

It was bad enough, that I wouldn't (at this point) risk another trip on the line. Not all of my Carnival trips have been perfect, but none came close to being as bad as RC. It really didn't have anything to do with the ship itself.

Edited by ASchaff