My 3 day itinerary - Let me know if I should change anything!

mastrip

For general background, it will be me and my 17 year old son. While he likes the beach, usually 2-3 hours is the most he likes to stay as he starts getting bored. I am trying to plan to see as much as we can with that in mind. I have a few general transportation questions as well.

Wednesday

8 am - Ship docks - Either get 2 day transportation pass on ship or right when I get off if not available on ship.

*Take bus 7 to Horsebay - stay 2-3 hours

*Gibbs Lighthouse (climb to top) - It looks like a little too far to walk from Horseshoe Bay. What is the best way to get there?

*Bus to Aquarium/zoo - Which bus should we take and where from the lighthouse?

*Bus to Hamilton and stay for Harbour Nights

*Ferry back to Dockyard

Thursday

*Catch earliest bus we can to be at the Caves at opening time 9 am - How long will caves take? I think we will do both.

*Early lunch at Swizzle Inn - How far is the walk from Caves to Swizzle Inn?

*If done with the caves too early for lunch, we will walk to Tom Moores Jungle or Blue Hole to do something while waiting.

*Catch bus to St. George

*Take taxi to St. Catherine Fort - explore

*Walk to Tabacco Beach - stay 1-3 hours

*Walk back to St. George stopping to look at Unfinished Church

*Ferry back to Dockyard (if we make it back by 5:30 pm) or bus back

Friday

*A little bit of shopping (my son does not like shopping so it won't be long)

*9:30 am - Maritime Museum (no more than 1 hour)

*Snorkel Park - a little beach time

*1-4 pm - Snorkel tour to Shipwrecks

Let me know if I should change or add something!

Edited by mastrip
Misspelling

Wednesday:

Take the #7 bus from Horseshoe Bay to get back to the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse.

There is no single bus you can take from the lighthouse (or Horseshoe Bay) to get to the the aquarium/zoo. You have to take the #7 bus to the Hamilton bus terminal and transfer to a #10 or 11 bus to get to BAMZ. Take the #10 or 11 to get back to Hamilton for Harbour Nights.

Note: You're planning a really long day, given waiting for buses and travel time.

Thursday:

There is no bus from Dockyard to the caves. Take the ferry to Hamilton, walk up to the bus terminal and take a #1 or 3 bus to the caves. I doubt you're going to make the 9 am opening time. Give yourself at least two hours at the caves if you're doing both. It could be more depending on waiting times between cave tours. It's unlikely you'd be done too early to go to lunch at Swizzle Inn. It's just a short walk from the caves.

You may not make the last ferry from St. George's to Dockyard. If you don't take a #1,3,10 or 11 bus from St. George's to the Hamilton bus terminal, then the Blue route ferry back to Dockyard.

Friday:

Just check your ship's scheduled departure time and remember that you have to be on board no later than 30 minutes before departure to make sure that your snorkel tour returns in time.

Thank you so much for the bus information/directions. Do you know what time the first ferry to Hamilton is in the mornings?

I realize the first day is long, but hoping what I have is doable. Since we want to see the harbour lights, we really don't have a choice.

On the last day, I don't want to rush, so if we don't make the ferry, that is ok and we will just do the long bus ride back. Thanks for giving the bus/directions I need to follow.

For the snorkel, the ship leaves at 5 pm so we have to be on-board at 4:30. The place where we catch the boat to snorkel is right at the dockyard and they guaranteed we would be back by 4 pm to make the 3-5 minute walk back to the ship. I will definitely be watching the time. I was hoping they would have a morning snorkel, but do not.

What are harbor lights?

It is Harbor Nights not lights. It is a street festival with street vendors and some music and entertainment that is held in Hamilton every Wednesday during cruise season.