Business Class Seating AA 777-300ER

macky2

Hello Cruise Air Forum experts,

DH and I are traveling from LAX to AMS via LHR on American Airlines 777-300ER in Business Class. I am wondering if there is a walk through between the center seats (D and G). We sometimes need to help each other with reading menus, arranging the seat for comfort, setting up the meal trays etc. Activities that require proximity to each other. Will we have that with the middle seats or will we need to walk around the block of seats to get to each other's seats? I can't tell from the pictures I've seen.

The only other option is the window seats that are single seats one behind the other. Would that be a better option in your opinion?

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

Love the 777. Use as much as I can. There is no walk thru in the center seats. In business class. There are 4 together It is set up 2 seats (A-B) walk thru- 4 seats walk thru then 2 seats on the other end

Might be 5 seats in center don't really remember seats are large and lay all the way back Very easy to maneuver you might think aisle seats for convenience to reach everyone.

The seating chart shows one seat - aisle - two seats - aisle - one seat. This is an American Airlines 777-300ER.

Sounds like its a different arrangement than what you are used to seeing.

It is a 1-2-1 herringbone configuration. Depending on which configuration (there are three) you may or may not be able to pass things back and forth, but won't be able to assist as you describe. We always opt for two of the single aisle/window seats one in front of the other and just walk to the others seat if we need to.

FYI--This is one place that BA's "Buddy Seat" has all of the US based carriers beat with a stick. The footrest in each F seat has a second seat belt so two people traveling together can share a meal.

Love the 777. Use as much as I can. There is no walk thru in the center seats. In business class. There are 4 together It is set up 2 seats (A-B) walk thru- 4 seats walk thru then 2 seats on the other end

Not on the 773 it isn't.

The only places to access one aisle from the other are in the galleys. Why not pick two window seats or an aisle and a center seat? Not quite sure how taking the two centre seats prevents you from the doing the tasks you highlight though.

Not on the 773 it isn't.

The only places to access one aisle from the other are in the galleys. Why not pick two window seats or an aisle and a center seat? Not quite sure how taking the two centre seats prevents you from the doing the tasks you highlight though.

There is a big hump at face level between the two middle seats which I assume is meant to provide privacy but it also looks to prevents easy communication.

I think we will do as you and Ducklite suggest and opt for two single window seats one in front of the other.

Thank you for the pictures. I wish they would show the area between the two middle business class seats at knee level. It seems from others comments that you can't easily move back and forth between these two seats.

Thank you for the pictures. I wish they would show the area between the two middle business class seats at knee level. It seems from others comments that you can't easily move back and forth between these two seats.

No there's a physical barrier/wall between the seats. You also have to lean pretty far forward to make eye contact, but can pass things between the seats.

IMG_0092.jpg

Thank you Gardyloo. Your picture is just what I needed to make my decision.

I was hoping that little wall at knee height could be moved, but I see now that it can't. Since I can't walk through between the seats I decided to book two individual seats by the window. It will be easier for me to get close enough to my DH to help as needed.

Kathy

DH and I sat in the middle seats. It was fine while we were eating - we could converse and trade tastes without much effort. Once we went flat to sleep, we couldn't see each other. Since I was out cold, it made no difference.

But for somebody who needs to provide or receive assistance, then either 2 window seats or across the aisle are a better idea. :)

Thank you critterchick. It's good to hear the thoughts of someone who actually sat in the middle seats.

We are going to try the single window seats one behind the other for this flight and evaluate if one window seat and one center seat across the aisle from each other might work as well or better for future travel.

The seats are a little offset in the aisle, so not directly across from each other, and it would require a good stretch to lean and speak to the person across from you.

We pretty much always choose the window seats one in front of the other, and it has served us well.

Thank you ducklite.

Air travel is always a challenge for DH and I, so I try to make things as easy as possible before we leave. We flew on Air France last year and the business class seats didn't fully recline (to flat). By the time we flew from Paris to LAX we were both ready to never fly again.

I'm hoping these lie-flat seats will be an improvement and the single seating by the window will work for us.

I appreciate your input.

Kathy

I can sympathize with Air France, one of the worst flights I've ever been subjected to. The lay flat seats are quite conducive to getting a good sleep. One other advantage to being in a window seat is that you control the shade and can keep it down if you want to sleep or up if you want to gaze out at the land below you.