NCL Escape Eastern vs NCL Getaway Western - which is better for first timers?

Ru5tY

Eastern or Western for first time cruisers (parents)?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Eastern or Western for first time cruisers (parents)?

• Eastern
    • Western

Hi,

We're planning a cruise with with our parents (mid-60's), whom have never been on a cruise before. Which itinerary do you think would be a better experience for them?

NCL Escape with Eastern Itinerary

vs

NCL Getaway with Western Itinerary

We ourselves have done Eastern with Princess, and Western with Carnival. We've previously been on NCL on a Hawaii cruise, and RCCL on Southern Caribbean.

Personally I like Western more because there are 4 stops and only 2 days at sea, and the stops are more fun IMO. But this will also be the first time we go on a cruise with 2 young kids (age 2 and 4), so I don't think we'll even be able to do the fun things (i.e. dunn river falls), so perhaps the ports don't even matter? I think our parents would get a kick out of swimming with stingrays in grand cayman though.

On the other hand, the idea of going on a brand new ship (Escape) really appeals to me, but I'm not as excited about Nassau, Tortola or St. Thomas.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Help@
removed ta links

I would do the Western Caribbean because of the ports that i like more and because of the Stingray excursion that you said.

And the Getaway and Escape are pretty identical.

Happy sailing with one of these two cruises!!!

I really don't think the offerings on the Escape and Getaway make the ships identical. There are a lot of differences between the ships, especially when you take into consideration the shows, bars and specialty restaurants.

We made this choice a few months ago and chose the Escape. We are sailing for the ship, not the itinerary this time around. And we prefer the extra sea day -- it will give us the time to explore the ship.

I wish the Escape went to St. Martel instead of Nassau. I love St. Maarten, and wish it was on the Escapes itinerary.

Nassau just makes no sense to me.

Do the private island. Anything but Nassau.

Nassau is the cheap 3 day cruise destination.