The Norwegian iConcierge App...Can Anyone Please Tell Me About This App??

JPV072900

The iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Jewel and Pride Of America.

You can access on-demand information and real-time services (free), including:

-Shore Excursions Previews and Bookings

-Restaurant Information with Menus and Bookings

-Folio Review

-General Information, such as Onboard Services, Spa Services, and Shopping

-Daily Activities Highlights

-Cruise Rewards Information

---------------------------------------------------------

(For fee)

-Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise) $7.95 per device.

-Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise)

Edited by Tarheel_Cruiser

The previously mentioned features are free, but for $7.95 per device you can also do:

Talk or text to someone else on the ship via the app, you both will have to have the app on your phone. Tablets are not supported as of this time.

Want internet access to the www; you still need to purchase internet time.

There's a feature that allows you to make calls off ship or people to call you directly to your phone while at sea (additional charges apply).

It needs to be downloaded before boarding, turn on airplane mode, then switch wifi on. Look for the ship SSID and log on.

This is not available on The Gem?

I used it on the breakaway for texting my kids. It was great. Best $7.95 spent. It is per phone but still worth it. Was hoping to use it again on Gem

Thanks

Patti

Does anyone have any idea on what the charges are for calls off the ship or to calls on the ship.

We got my daughter a cell phone for when my husband and I travel on the Breakaway later this month. She is staying with Grandma for the week and we wanted to have a way to communicate with her either by call or text. Was thinking we would have a set time like 7:00 or 7:30 to call her each night but have no idea what the charges will be.

Thanks

This isn't "definitive" and subject to change, but true as of last month on the Breakaway sailing - 79 cents per minute - on top of the one-time per sailing activation fee of $7.95 for the iConcierege charge to use the call/texting functions.

If SMS or texting is possible, costs are often lower since no cellular data are used, check with your mobile carrier about their current rates.

This isn't "definitive" and subject to change, but true as of last month on the Breakaway sailing - 79 cents per minute - on top of the one-time per sailing activation fee of $7.95 for the iConcierege charge to use the call/texting functions.

If SMS or texting is possible, costs are often lower since no cellular data are used, check with your mobile carrier about their current rates.

Just one minor iconcierge point, from Epic last month, I did not pay the $7.95 activation fee for on-ship calling and texting but I did try the 79 cents per minute call to my land line back home. Worked fine.

To clarify, if you have say two families traveling on the same cruise, as long as any one with an iPhone pays the $7.95, you can text each other (set up all 8 of them on the phone)?

Just one minor iconcierge point, from Epic last month, I did not pay the $7.95 activation fee for on-ship calling and texting but I did try the 79 cents per minute call to my land line back home. Worked fine.

Thanks for the info. Did you also incur charges from your cell phone carrier for the calls from the ship? We are relatively new to the smart phone world and I don't understand how the app works. Just wondering if there are long distance charges from the cell phone carrier for making the call from the sea.

Thanks for the info. Did you also incur charges from your cell phone carrier for the calls from the ship? We are relatively new to the smart phone world and I don't understand how the app works. Just wondering if there are long distance charges from the cell phone carrier for making the call from the sea.

NO additional charge. The calls use the phone wifi and ship's wifi (via their intranet connection, not the wifi you have to pay for)

The iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Jewel and Pride Of America.

I have read here on CC that the Star also has the iConcierge service now, they got the "installations" done during their recent drydock (last March). I hope that is the case, since I will be cruising on the Star next month and have downloaded the app already...;)

I have read here on CC that the Star also has the iConcierge service now, they got the "installations" done during their recent drydock (last March). I hope that is the case, since I will be cruising on the Star next month and have downloaded the app already...;)

It doesn't reflect it on the main iConcierge page that NCL has (as per the quote you commented with) but on their Apps page, I found this list that includes the Star: "Our Norwegian iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jewel, Pride Of America, Norwegian Star, or Norwegian Pearl"

Edited by morninsun86

The Star is indeed included in the iConcierge information on the NCL EU-page:

http://www.ncl.eu/norwegian-iconcierge/

But not on the NCL American page - yet:

http://www.ncl.com/downloads/iconcierge

It doesn't reflect it on the main iConcierge page that NCL has (as per the quote you commented with) but on their Apps page, I found this list that includes the Star: "Our Norwegian iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jewel, Pride Of America, Norwegian Star, or Norwegian Pearl"

Thank you. :)

We posted at about the same time - I posted an new reply just one minute after you posted this one, so when I started writing mine, your post was not up yet... The Star is included in the iConcierge information on the NCL Europe page, so I guess it is just a matter of time before the American web page will be updated... ;)

Edited by TrumpyNor

Was on the Star the week before Easter. iConcierge was working, but did not want to spend the $$. Making dinner reservations was useless, all the specialty restaurants were booked anyway :rolleyes:

Was on the Star the week before Easter. iConcierge was working, but did not want to spend the $$. Making dinner reservations was useless, all the specialty restaurants were booked anyway :rolleyes:

I especially like the idea of being able to check my on board account without having to stand in line at the front desk - and that is free.... ;)

The previously mentioned features are free, but for $7.95 per device you can also do:

Talk or text to someone else on the ship via the app, you both will have to have the app on your phone. Tablets are not supported as of this time.

Want internet access to the www; you still need to purchase internet time.

There's a feature that allows you to make calls off ship or people to call you directly to your phone while at sea (additional charges apply).

It needs to be downloaded before boarding, turn on airplane mode, then switch wifi on. Look for the ship SSID and log on.

Work on all smart phone or just iphone & android only?